mineus64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anybody have a good combination of the "Exterior" tileset and the "Interior" tileset, so that one can use both at the same time reliably?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace cannot combine tilesheets, each tilesheet has a fixed size with a limited number of tiles per sheet.

You can only replace part of a tileset with parts from another tileset, and that means that you usually use an image program to make a lot of different tilesheets depending what parts you need for what map - and those combinations are usually less effective for other maps (which means that they aren't shared usually as anyone would still need to modify them, and then it's easier to modify from the originals directly)

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I hope I understood your question right.

You can go to the database, and create your own sets of tilesets.

You can actually use any combination you want.

S1, A2, A3 and A4 have all the "strange" tile formats, 

while A5 B,C,D and E work as: "What you see is what you get"

A SET of A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B, C, D, E

is a Tlieset on Database.

So you can make any combination you like with what tiles you got. ;)

mineus64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yea, but I keep getting problems with stuff like collisions. I was just wondering if someone has already combined the two.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what do you mean by "collision"? please describe your problem better, if it has to do with passability that is because of the tileset settings in the database and has nothing to do with combining tilesheets.

mineus64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
what do you mean by "collision"? please describe your problem better, if it has to do with passability that is because of the tileset settings in the database and has nothing to do with combining tilesheets.
Passability, and shadows don't seem to work right. I have tried to merge the tilesets into one, and shadows don't work on things like wood floors.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is what the shadow tool is for - the automatic shadows are based on specific autotiles, and won't work for all tiles correctly.

And passability needs to be set correctly for each tile in the tileset - including some special cases, like the first tile on B is required to be set to star (and be transparent), the passability of the entire tileset will be broken if you place a non-transparent, non-star tile in the first B position.

but you still did not describe what your problem is - give us more details, and screenshots of what you have done - only then we can see where you made your mistakes and how to correct them.

mineus64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
that is what the shadow tool is for - the automatic shadows are based on specific autotiles, and won't work for all tiles correctly.

And passability needs to be set correctly for each tile in the tileset - including some special cases, like the first tile on B is required to be set to star (and be transparent), the passability of the entire tileset will be broken if you place a non-transparent, non-star tile in the first B position.

but you still did not describe what your problem is - give us more details, and screenshots of what you have done - only then we can see where you made your mistakes and how to correct them.
The problem is, shadows don't even work when I manually apply them. And I used the method described by DreadShadow above, combining them in the Database.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is, shadows don't even work when I manually apply them. And I used the method described by DreadShadow above, combining them in the Database.
Please post a screenshot of your problem. Did you add any scripts to your project? there are some that change the default graphic handling,

mineus64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please post a screenshot of your problem. Did you add any scripts to your project? there are some that change the default graphic handling,
No scripts. And I'm not posting a screenshot because this is a request for resources, rather than a bug report. If I need to move this post or reword it, that is fine.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you wanna fix the collission, you have to do it in Database.

Star = show above player

X = unpassable

O = passable

There are more features there too.

This can not be shared as a resource, since it must be shared as a project really.

Tip: Make every tileset combination you might need, in a template "blank" project.

Then you build any game you like on any resourse you like, upon that "blank" project.

It needs some work, but after all you build YOUR own game.

I could do this for you, 

but it is not something you can not do alone so...

A project setup is not a resource in my opinion.

But yes you can consider a setup as a form of resource. 

Your questions show me that you are not very experienced with RPG Maker VX Ace yet.

If I got this wrong, I am sorry no offence intended.

If you had not the time to get used to the software yet,

I made a game that can tour you and teach almost everything to you in 4 hours. 

I hope you will find it helpful.

gimme a sec to give you a link...

HERE!

Cheers.

Tell us if case is solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Although if you're asking for the resource BECAUSE you're having a problem trying to do it yourself, then solving your original problem could be done via a support request.

@Dreadshadow, please let the moderators decide for themselves which posts need to be moved and which ones don't.

Does anybody have a good combination of the "Exterior" tileset and the "Interior" tileset
It IS a resource request, so it DOES need to be moved. And if the OP decides he wants help to overcome the initial problem, it's a support request, so it STILL needs to be moved.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, my apologies, the thread was actually being moved the time I was edititng out the part you refer to Shaz (and not only that).

Though of that but was too late.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries.

Generally, if you think a thread is in the wrong place or has been moved incorrectly you can report it and make a suggestion. Other than that, the mods are usually pretty up on things :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgLord69