Comic Bubbles

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by redspark, Nov 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm working on my first plugin for MV.  I have no idea what I'm doing but at least I'm trying. ;)  Below is the effect I'm going for.  It was done in Adventure Game Studio.  Once I get it working in MV, I will publish some screen shots.

Currently the Help for the plugin reads as follows:

Code:
    SAY Speaker|Parms Id Text------------------------- Speaker (E / P) - E is for Events while P is for one of the Party Members.                    Event Ids are always a number. However, Party Members can                   be referred to by Name instead. Id (## or string) - The Id of the speaker is the event Id number in the case                     of an event or the index of a party member within the                     party.  In the case of a party member, the name can also                     be used.  However, if the party member is not present                     the command will be skipped. Parms - There are different Parameters that can be passed to the command to         modify the position of the Bubble.                 Each Parameter is separated by a pipe (|) symbol.  Order of the         Parameters is not important.  However, Speaker is always first.         Direction (N/S/E/W) - Causes the bubble to appear next to the speaker                               in that cardinal point direction.  So N is                               above the speaker. For example, the command:  SAY P Harold Hi will cause a comic bubble to be drawn over the party member named Harold that says, "Hi" The command: SAY P|S Harold Hi will cause the same effect as the last example, however, the bubble will appear below the Harold Party member instead of the default of above or N. Keep in mind that there are no spaces in the P|S argument.  This is important. TYPED delay [sound] ------------------- This command will enable the Typewriter feature.  delay - A delay greater than 0 will cause the letters of the text to appear         one by one as if typed on the screen.  A delay of 0, disables this         feature.         sound - The audio file to play with each letter typed.  Leaving out the         sound option will disable the audio sound.

SpookySoul, Archeia, Blue001 and 6 others like this.
  2. Rhadley

Rhadley Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I fully support you in making this plugin!  I am looking for something as we speak!

redspark likes this.
  3. Maus Merryjest

Maus Merryjest Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is exactly what I'm looking for! I wish you the best of luck- do let me know what you come up with!

redspark likes this.
  4. Edelplastic

Edelplastic Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Amazing !!!

redspark likes this.
  5. NordicChicken

NordicChicken Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    YES! I posted a request for a script like this! YAY!

redspark likes this.
  6. ZeroAlmah

ZeroAlmah Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    That´s what i´m looking for =D 

redspark likes this.
  7. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks everyone for your interest.  I'm still working on it.  I have made lots of progress.  I managed to get the Speech bubble to trigger from the Text command instead of using a separate plugin command and it works with Yanfly's Text Message Core plugin too.  Bubbles work for the Player, Followers and Events.

Right now, what I'm working on getting correct is the appearance of the speech bubble and its size.  Once I figure out those details, I should be able to release a beta version of the plugin for everyone to test. :)

The below example is using the following in the Text Command:

\BE[4|N] Hello, \PC[1]. I am a log. Comicdemo01.jpg

The \B tells the plugin that it is a Bubble message.  The E indicates that the speaker is an event.  [4|N] shows that the speaker event id is 4 and that the bubble should appear North (or above) the speaker.  The rest of the text is processed as usual including the \PC[1] for YanFly's plugin to get the Player's Class.

I hope you like it so far.  There is still a lot of work left to do and I'm learning as I go.  Wish me luck. ;)

Comicdemo01.jpg

ZeroAlmah likes this.
  8. ZeroAlmah

ZeroAlmah Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    I can´t wait for this =D The screenshot looks pretty nice. The commands are similiar to the UMS script from RPG Maker XP. Great =)

redspark likes this.
  9. NordicChicken

NordicChicken Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Nice work! Great to see you're making progress!

redspark likes this.
  10. Nuxill

Nuxill Ok Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is really cool. I'm excited to see the final product! 

redspark likes this.
  11. Nelderson

Nelderson Coding Bitch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    redspark likes this.
  12. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your script looks excellent.  I will definitely take a look.  Thanks. :)

Unfortunately, this script doesn't cover followers like yours does.  But it is a nice script.  If only it covered followers and drew a speech bubble tail to the speaker, then I could throw in the towel. ;)

13. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would prefer chat bubbles to the default message system anyday!! keep it up. :0

redspark likes this.
  14. redspark

redspark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks.  I'm still working on it.  However, Message Plus may end up doing the same thing but even better.  She/He was asked to make a Speech bubble layout for their plugin.  I will continue to work on mine but if they do add the new layout, even I would consider using that instead of this plugin. ;)

15. xaviarsly

xaviarsly Villager Member

First Language:
    einglish
    omg this is so cool i would totally use this in my project!