Comipo Online Authentication

Super Galaxy Convoy

Supreme Commander
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Today, when I try to use Comipo it said I need to do an Online Authentication. So I follow the instruction until it said that my PC is not connected to the internet and ask that I uncheck the Work Offline feature in Internet Explorer. Now, I have IE11 and the Work Offline feature is not available. So, how can I fix this, I want to continue to use this program.

Is this a technical error with my PC and not the program? I update my PC to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 a couple of months ago. And why does the Online Authentication has to be done through Internet Explorer? Why can't it be done through Chrome or Firefox instead?

Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
Maybe if you copy the link to Chrome or FF then it could work there...And it may be a problem at their side as well for the not connected.

Super Galaxy Convoy

Supreme Commander
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I have tried to type in the URL for the authentication server but all I got are 404 and 403 errors in all my three browser: IE11, Chrome, Firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It is the ComiPo site.

I just tried to start my ComiPo and got told that it has an activation problem.

ComiPo needs to periodically connect to the activation server to stay active.  If your online and start it it will connect to the server.  If your off line it will start and let you work off line unless you haven't connected to the online server in a few weeks.

It is a good idea to run ComiPo once a week when your connected to the net

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try running ComiPo again today. My copy is connecting now, so I guess they fixed the website problem.  Yesterday it wouldn't work at all on multiple times during the day when I tried to run it because of the activation problem.

Super Galaxy Convoy

Supreme Commander
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
It still isn't working for me. I keep getting the following message:

" Because your PC is in offline mode, cannot access the internet. Cannot start "ComiPo!"

Please run Internet Explorer, and turn off the check of [Work Offline] in [File] menu. "

Now, as I have mention before, I have IE11 which doesn't have the Work Offline feature in the file menu.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That help message might be a general one, and the solution would be somewhere else in current programs.

Basically the message says that MM cannot access the authentification server on the internet. This can have several causes, including:

1) The server is down (wait for Comipo to solve this, but such errors are usually fixed within hours)

2) Your firewall is blocking the access

3) Your Anti-Virus is blocking the access

4) Your Internet-Provider has problems (in that case, 99% of all sites are down)

5) Your computer has a problem with the internet connection (then all other sites are down as well)

and several other, rarer possibilities.

Super Galaxy Convoy

Supreme Commander
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I have looked at my Firewall and Anti-Virus settings and ComiPo is not blocked. And seeing as how I'm able to post messages here means that there is nothing wrong with my ISP or my laptop's internet connection.

So, what else could be the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, that's the best I can do. Looks a little strange but..err.. it's my style, yeah, very original style..
being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imnotanepicgamer