Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have the following commands for my game and was wondering what order they should go in for the command menu.
  • Move
  • Attack
  • Guard
  • Skills
  • Spells
  • Passives
  • Items
  • End Turn
Also, do you guys think it would be alright to omit "Passives"? It's really just there so the player can check out the Passive abilities their character has while in combat. Even if I take "Passives" out, there would still be 7 commands, which is quite a bit. Any suggestions? Skills and Spells are separated cuz Disarm seals "Skills" while Silence seals "Spells". I also can't remove "End Turn" since the turn order doesn't move on to the next unit until "End Turn" is selected.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
how about adding Skills, Spells, and Passive inside another command
Code:
> Move
> Attack
> Guard
> Special -> Skills
          -> Spells
          -> Passive
> Items
> End Turn

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the command menu is also from Top to bottom (or single file horizontal) like listed here then it is fine.

Ommiting passives is fine in my opinion aslong as I have time outside of battle to check those and really important ones are clearly readible by enemy/character-type.

Example : you have a character with flying as a passive I can tell from looking at the character that this would logically be the case. Etc.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how about adding Skills, Spells, and Passive inside another command
Oh yea, nesting them would do the trick. I just have to figure out how now lol. The only other alternative I had in mind was making some kind of radial icon wheel thingy like in Moghunter's plugin. Though I'd have no idea how to integrate that into LTBS lol. The same goes for nesting it.
:rtear:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'd definitely remove Passives in battle.
I also prefer to have Skills/Spells above Guard/Defend, as Guard/Defend is less useful.
I'm also not sure why you can't have Skills & Spells in the same command mixed in. The Disgaea games do that without any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips