TheGreenHorse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
class Window_BEGGARWIN < Window_Command def initialize() super(544/4,416/4) create_command_list end def create_command_list add_command("Pay ### coins", :Hi) add_command("Pay Nothing", :Hi) add_command("Pay 100 coins", :Hi) end def window_height return 300 end def window_width return 300 end endclass Scene_Beggar < Scene_MenuBase def start super create_command_window end def create_command_window @command_window = Window_BEGGARWIN.new() @command_window.set_handler:)Hi, method:)command_hi)) end def command_hi #Process to run when "Hi" is selected end end #This is so frustratingSo i made this code quickly, and i didn't wanted to execute some command until my window shows up.

I used a script call to initiate the scene, and the options DO show up, but text doesn't. I can scroll between options, but not with text.

Yes, until i fiddled with those sizes i couldn't even see the options, nothing's wrong with that.

EDIT: I can't help it, it has been days...

Any help would be appreciated a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just look at the default menu scene and window classes, and see what you haven't done.

What do you mean, "the options show up but the text doesn't"? Can you provide a screenshot?

Have you done ANY script changes to use fonts other than the default? Are you using ANY custom menu scripts other than the one you've shown here?

Is that super() passing the size of the window, or the coordinates? (I don't have Ace on the computer I'm currently using)

TheGreenHorse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I looked at them. I have NOT missed a thing.

That means that you can scroll between the options, everything works like butter. But the only problem is that the text does not show up even a bit. That means if you just take out the text- the borders etc are all fine.

No, i'm not using any other font/script.

The co-ordinates.

Thank you so much, Shaz! (You're awesome... :D ) just for replying :p .

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You only answered half my questions ;)

TheGreenHorse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I answered all your questions :D

EDIT: If you think i haven't tell me WHAT i haven't.

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Simple, you're not calling make_command_list method.

class Window_BEGGARWIN < Window_Command def initialize() super(544/4,416/4) end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Command List #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def make_command_list create_command_list end def create_command_list add_command("Pay ### coins", :Hi) add_command("Pay Nothing", :Hi) add_command("Pay 100 coins", :Hi) end def window_height return 300 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Get Number of Lines to Show #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def visible_line_number item_max end def window_width return 300 end endclass Scene_Beggar < Scene_MenuBase def start super create_command_window end def create_command_window @command_window = Window_BEGGARWIN.new() @command_window.set_handler:)Hi, method:)command_hi)) @command_window.set_handler:)cancel, method:)return_scene)) end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Return to Calling Scene #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def return_scene SceneManager.return end def command_hi #Process to run when "Hi" is selected end endLike what Shaz said, look at what you missed. You missed everything.

TheGreenHorse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're awesome! I wish i could really like that post twice. The streets are happy and the world is like heaven! Hope i'm not exaggerating, right?

Thanks x 50 times! I wish i could thank that much but the post limit is small...

Thank you so much Shaz.

Thank you so much SoulPour777.

Reporting-To-Close!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galewings