Command Window issues

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by ramza, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good day.

I am having a pretty unique problem with the default command window, and it appears to be baked right in to the default RM MV engine.

I have a class changing system, with equippable skilltypes. To put it simply, an actor can be a member of one class, while equipping the class skills of a second class. I am achieving this through yanfly's skill learning system, class changing system, and Moogle_X's skill equip system. Everything on that front is working well so far, the actors can change class and have their main class ability show up on the command list, along with their secondary from equipping it.

The problem is the order in which those abilities show up on the command window. It appears that RMMV lists them in the command window in order they appear on the types screen. This causes a visual problem. I want the skilltypes to be listed on the command window (and the skill window too if possible) as follows:

Attack

Skilltype from class

Skilltype from equipping skills (passive states)

Guard

Item

etc

I have considered that I could have two sets of skilltypes, the first set would be exclusively for the main skill of a class, and the second would be further down the types list and would always appear below the mainskill as a result, but there is no way to make a skill show up in two skilltypes as far as I can find, so I'd need to use a common event to make a hero learn a copy of his skill when he learns the first version to make the second version show up in his crossclass skilltype menu. Is there an easier way than this? Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT:

Upon thinking about it, I need a way for the default command window to determine what is a skilltype that was known by the actor through a trait on the class/actor, and what was a skilltype gained by a passive state, or trait on equipment and then list the class/actor commands first, and the passive/equipment traits second.  Is there any way to do this?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2016
  2. killerfer

killerfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @ramza

Hello. Have you already tried this?

You can assign different setups for each class. I haven't tried it myself though, so you can tell me if it works or not. I think the "StateCmd" option is what you are looking for.

Good luck o/

3. ramza

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for your help, but I did try that plugin and it... sort of works.

I can list all Skilltypes in a specific order based on class, but the '!' parameter doesn't work when showing skilltypes, so each actor will have all skilltypes on his command window regardless of whether he should have access to them or not. Additionally, if I only list the class' skilltype and then use the 'Skills' parameter listed, it'll show the class' skilltype twice, once at the top of the list and then again when it lists all skilltypes the actor knows.

<Battle Commands>
    Attack
    SType:5
    Skills
    Guard
    Items
    </Battle Commands>

Would show Attack, Magic, Basic, Magic(again), Guard, Item.

I need to get that  'Skills' lookup thing to check for commands that are already listed above it, and then not show them if there is a duplicate. I don't know how to do this myself though.

Edit:

Wha? Actually you're right. standby. XD

Edit2:

I can't get StateCmd to show up on the command window at all, passive state or not.

Edit3:

Also, I was reading the documentation for this plugin and it doesn't mention this feature at all, it's only listed on the forum topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
  4. Ideocracy

Ideocracy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I don't know if I fully understand what is being said here.  

It sounds like you are trying to do something similar that I would like to do.  So maybe I can find help here also.

I wanted to use Class Change, and Subclass Plugins by Yanfly. But it would grant my all Skills in "Magic" when not part of the Class skill list.
    Kinda sounded like you had a fix or partial fix for this?

I'm also using Armor and Weapons that grant skills. That create Duplicate "Magic" or what not per piece of equipment.

I don't know Javascript so this complicates things  But I think I'll try some of what was mentioned in this post. If anyone has ideas to help me please do share!
    Thank you so much :-D

EDIT:  I did try Moogle_X's skill equip system.
    But it doesn't seem to do what I want it to...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
  5. ramza

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My fix for your issue is to assign the skills from different classes to different skill types. By default you only have a few types to choose, but you can add more from the Types tab in the database.

So instead of all skills belonging to Magic type, you could make a class that knows white magic and a class that knows black magic, and have them as separate skill types, with each class only having access to its own skills.

The subclass plugin also has the option, which is enabled by default, to use the skill types of an equipped subclass, so that would work for what you're doing.

6. Ideocracy

First Language:
    English
    Still doesn't fix my Equipment problem.  As I desperately want to have equipment that grants Skills from other Class types.

I already have a TON of Skill types..  Psi, Ki, Firearms, etc...  
    Having Death Magic, and Life Magic or something almost might work. But not if It gives me duplicates.

*sigh*

I appreciate the thought but it sounds still not quite what I'm looking for.

7. ramza

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can make the equipment also unlock the skilltype that the skill is part of from the traits settings on the equipment.

I'm not sure if that will make it show duplicates or not though.

8. Ideocracy

First Language:
    English
    Yes It does. That's my problem really.
    Seems there is no way to get rid of the Duplicates. Maybe there is something I'm missing or not noticing?

9. killerfer

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
  10. ramza

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @killerfer

As I mentioned in Bobstah's topic for this plugin, the help file makes no mention of how to use the StateCmd, only that it is there and what it does.

I was under the impression that it would simply list all STypes an actor had learned as a trait on any states active. Do I need to add a note tag to a state to make it show up on this list? Is just putting <Battle Commands> on the state all I need to do to make it show up?

Edit: Also, if I use a ! after SType:ID, it doesn't work. I can't even manually list all STypes and block the ones the actor doesn't have, because it lets you put them all on his command window whether he has skills in them or not. The ! worked fine when I used it for a single skill on the command window.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016
  11. killerfer

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @ramza

From my tries, you need to put the skill type on the state notebox with the <Battle Commands> tag. For example:

<Battle Commands>

SType(Special):2

</Battle Commands>

And then the Special command will appear wherever you put StateCmd. And it will only show skills that the actor have already learned. If you are using yanfly learn skill plugin, always test these things by starting a new game, because if you enter a test battle in the troops page, all actors will always have already learned all skills set with the learn skill plugin.

12. ramza

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for your help on this.

StateCmd works for what I need it to, now that I know how to use it.

Only one more nitpicky thing remains: Is it possible to have the command window in the skills menu re-arrange in the same way the battle command window does?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016