Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

I was thinking about purchasing First Seed Materials assets but I was unsure if I could use them commercially or not.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep, you can.

OktoberLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! A bit off topic but in your opinion do you think FSM is unique enough to release commercially? I know it's taboo to sell a game with RTP.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably one of the most popular DLC, so I'd bet it definitely won't feel unique to the players.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! A bit off topic but in your opinion do you think FSM is unique enough to release commercially? I know it's taboo to sell a game with RTP.
FSM allows a lot of very different maps, depending on what you do with it.

Keep in mind, you can combine tilesets by mix & matching parts, you can change the colors for tilesets and you can use overlay or light effects on maps to visually distinguish maps from one another. With well-made maps, people won't notice nor care whether you've used FSM or not.

People pay more attention to the overall feel of your map, than study the tileset pixels.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think FSM is different enough from the RTP that with some simple customization, most people probably won't notice that it's FSM unless they either have those graphics themselves, or they just play a whole bunch of RM games.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I bought the whole collection not long ago and could not be happier with it! I've struggled for an art style for my game for years and feel I've hit it right on the head. It is different from the RTP, the color palette is more muted, which I like, and it feels like a game crafted with them can hold a more serious tone. As was stated by @Anyone you can mix and match the sets (which I have done to create an amazing map just recently using all the FSM tilesets) recolor existing, etc. On top of all that, if you use the assets and edit/frankenstien or create your own content to match the tilesets, you can create unique pieces that are in your game only.

In a nutshell, I do not think it matters that others use the same DLC, as @TWings mentioned how popular it is. It all depends on how you use it.

OktoberLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys for all the advice! I really appreciate it! I think I’m gonna give FSM a try! I’ve also started looking to commission some art as well to mix with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha