commercical use maker only?

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, im looking at buying some of the Tilesets, though i cant work out the meaning of some of the icons, and i cant find anything explaining them,

the game that im designing, i am intending on selling,
Fairy Town Pack this is one of the ones im looking at, though mainly for editing and creating my own, using this as a size template, some of the other packs, i could use as they would blend into my graphic style,

question is,
com only..JPGthis one sates that Commercial use maker only, the icon to me means you cant make money off it, ~,~ but the writing says other wise, saying to me, can ONLY be commercial use, if anyone knows were i can get a clearer deffonision, or explain this to me, i would be thankful, 3 days now trying to work this out and not getting anywhere, even just trying to avoid ones with this icon.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I've answered it in this thread before, but that sign means you can use it in commercial games that are made in RPG Maker/Visual Novel Maker.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or to be more precise, you cannot use those resources in a different engine than the RPG-Maker/Visual-Novel-Maker) because both commercial and non-commercial are restricted to "maker only"

You should read those signs as:

(the) Restriction (is): Maker Only (use)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first icon means you can only use that resource in RPG Maker engines. The alternative says "Any Engine" and doesn't have the red circle/line.

The second icon mean you can use that resource in commercial games, but only in RPG Maker engines. The alternative for that one says "Commercial Use Any Engine" and doesn't have the red circle/line.

So as long as you're making your game with RPG Maker, you're okay to use that resource.

loren567

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
RPG Maker Assets in Unity. You can't use it in anything other than RPG maker engines, as you've already seen in the comments. However, at the very least, it's good for temporary art while you're prototyping or filling out some areas in your games. Just make sure you get rid of it before going public. Myccpay

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flane