dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just curious about how much it would cost for me to commission someone to design a card game for mv that works? Even if it's a team of 2 or more people.

Obviously there is the Card Game by Irina that already exists but wanted something that works, I am not fused on time it takes to develop either just want something that feels fluid to play and solid overall. Definitely wants someone with a decent history of plugin design so it would be playable on most pcs that exist with the option to turn off extra effects for slower pcs.

Not needed but just seeing if it's possible really. I am a sucker for animated cards tho ahah and drawing cards, but don't care if the deck image is already drawn when the card game battle starts for example. Oh yeah, animated cards that work with dragonbones would be really really cool !

Description : Something really similar to Irians collectable card game, cards are drawn for the player and npc with animation effects to convey movement. Life point system or a similar method for keeping track of the score. For instance a player has 4000lp and 2 monsters battle on the field that difference is dmg that the player takes.
Would also like the player be able to use spells/traps if possible. Though just items and field cards are fine also. It's all about how the structure of the card game works.

Deck building is a must also of course, whilst a possibility of the options to have something similar to a card mat that can be used. For this there doesn't have to be labels on a card mat but that's up to the designer.

Top down view is ideal for this also for the mat and being able to use animations for a field like bonus (again not needed).

Curious in terms of prices for something more basic without animations and something with more animation work.

Rough estimate of cards : 100/200

Things that need animation :
card draw animation, field effect animation i.e Using one of Yanfly plugins that allows weather effects for battle. Card opening animation of a booster pack and when cards do battle. For example a card type is fire and when they attack it plays a fire animation etc.

Collectible Card Game plugin's Deck Builder

Collectible Card Game plugin's Battle System

Collectible Card Game plugin's Pack Openings x10

Collectible Card Game plugin for RPG Maker MV

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would need to describe the kind of card game you're after in order to get quotes. A video of someone else's card game doesn't help, unless it shows EVERYTHING that needs to be included, and you want yours to be EXACTLY like it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As said it depends on the details - from rules to complexity to the question of artwork.
and that means the price can start with a few dozen dollar for simple draw card games and go up to a high five-digit number for a complex collectible card-battle game.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
MV Support is about implementation queries, "How do I...?" questions. As this is a discussion about quotes/rates and what is required for one, it belongs in Commercial Games Discussion, even though it is not for an immediate commission.

[mod]I am, therefore, moving this to Commercial Games Discussion.[/mod]

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV Support is about implementation queries, "How do I...?" questions. As this is a discussion about quotes/rates and what is required for one, it belongs in Commercial Games Discussion, even though it is not for an immediate commission.

[mod]I am, therefore, moving this to Commercial Games Discussion.[/mod]

Firstly that's true and have edited the post to give more detail, yeah andar it could cost so much money ahah I cryyy. Lastly thanks for moving the post to the right section I do apologise for that.

I'm not saying I'll want something commised asap as firstly I just want to get a feel of what could people or a team possibly make in terms of scope and size. Also wanting to get a rough price estimate of commised work and is the card game needed for my actual project or not.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
with those details, that goes to the upper limit of my comment above.
however that also depends on something you haven't detailed: the split between plugin and artwork.

I think a plugin for something like this could be done for around 1K$ to 2K$ depending on complexity of the battlerules.
What really costs a lot for a collectible card game is the artwork, especially if you want hundreds of cards and animations.

So for any better quotes you would have to give some numbers: how many different cards will there be and how complex will their artwork be? You can get some better estimates by going into the classifieds offer and check the prices for artwork there - and keep in mind that a lot of the artist there are on the low end of the prices, professional artist often ask for double or triple the quotes there.
A character bust is pretty much the same amount of work as a single card, so looking for those should give you good numbers on artwork costs

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
with those details, that goes to the upper limit of my comment above.
however that also depends on something you haven't detailed: the split between plugin and artwork.

I think a plugin for something like this could be done for around 1K$ to 2K$ depending on complexity of the battlerules.
What really costs a lot for a collectible card game is the artwork, especially if you want hundreds of cards and animations.

So for any better quotes you would have to give some numbers: how many different cards will there be and how complex will their artwork be? You can get some better estimates by going into the classifieds offer and check the prices for artwork there - and keep in mind that a lot of the artist there are on the low end of the prices, professional artist often ask for double or triple the quotes there.
A character bust is pretty much the same amount of work as a single card, so looking for those should give you good numbers on artwork costs
Yeah I'll definitely give it a look also in terms of rough prices for characters and I'm not saying I want hundreds of animations but it would be something like this ; card draw animation, field effect animation i.e Using one of Yanfly plugins that allows weather effects for battle. Card opening animation of a booster pack and when cards do battle. For example a card type is fire and when they attack it plays a fire animation etc.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I am producing a CCG you can look at my signature so I think I can give a good idea about it. I've made Triple Triad also for MV/Ace, if it was commissioned I would ask around $1k, but it is a simple card game with simple rules and even there I had to spend a considerable time to get it together. Like what are the rules of your game? How will you want the animation to be? Do notice depending on the answers you are ordering almost a complete game. Depending on the complexity and the level of animations that has to be done, prices go WAAY up, and I feel very uncomfortable smashing other plugins inside it. So basically a Triple Triad like game, 1k~ a Yu-gi-oh/hearthstone/magic with card album, boosters, different animations, artificial intelligence for a complex card game 10k+. I think you need to put on paper all the rules and how it works and then check with coders if they are up to the task.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.
When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glasty