Not open for further replies.

whotfisjojo

Swallow the Green Goo? >Yyeesss >NO!!!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi everyone! I was able to make a parallel process common event that successfully changed the 1st actor's graphic with a conditional branch when the 2nd actor joined the party.
However, a problem arose:
I can no longer sprint once the 2nd actor joined as it constantly updates the player graphic, because it's a parallel process, so it sees
Code:
@>Conditional Branch: [2nd Actor] is In the Party
@>Set Move Route: Player
@>              :  $>Graphic: '1stactorand2ndactorcharacter', 0
: Else
  @>
: Branch End
@>
and repeats it over and over.
What should I do to fix this? Thanks! :0)

EDIT:
Nevermind! I figured it out! The correct way to do it is this way!
Code:
@>Conditional Branch: [2nd Actor] is In the Party
@>Change Actor Graphic: [1st Actor], '1stactorand2ndactorcharacter',0,'face',0
@>
: Else
  @>
: Branch End
@>

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it only needs to run when the second actor joins the party, why did you make it a parallel event? You don't even need to make it a common event. Just do the Change Actor Graphic at the time the second actor joins the party, right after the Change Party command.

Setting a move route on the player will also only work while you're on that map. As soon as you transfer, it'll go back to what it originally was.

The sprinting issue is also because you used a move route on the player, which would interfere with any movement you were trying to do via the keyboard.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alwar