RMMZ Common Event Buttons (Or Similar)

Acer2020

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well and staying safe. I have a plugin request to make for RMMZ.

My game has a system that allows the player to interact with objects and NPCs when approaching them. To complete this system, I need to be able to assign common events to keyboard keys. Yanfly had a great plugin for RMMV called "Common Event Buttons" which allowed me to do this very easily. However, no such plugin exists for RMMZ, hence this plugin request.

I've attached an image which I hope helps visualize what I'm looking for. The interaction window at the bottom right of the screen displays which key needs to be pressed to perform a certain action. If anybody could help me with a similar plugin I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you all for your time! :ahappy:

Common Event Buttons.jpg

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've just released a plugin that lets you associate key names with common events; there's no HUD element or touch UI though, it's literally just keyboard binds. Here's a link in case you want to try it out:
Hopefully there are no bugs left. Let me know if you have problems with it and/or any feature requests, I'll see what I can do! :)

Acer2020

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've just released a plugin that lets you associate key names with common events; there's no HUD element or touch UI though, it's literally just keyboard binds. Here's a link in case you want to try it out:
Hopefully there are no bugs left. Let me know if you have problems with it and/or any feature requests, I'll see what I can do! :)
Thank you so much! This happens to be perfect for my needs. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about it. If anything else comes up, I'll be sure to let you know! :D

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great! Happy...uh...button-pressing! :kaojoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips