Common Event Buttons

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

By default, common events can only be executed when you have an event call a common event, or if a common event runs automatically when a condition is met.With this plugin, you can assign common events to certain buttons on the keyboard. When that button is pressed, the common event will be executed as long as you are on the map and common events can be executed!This allows you to create your own special logic when certain keys are pressed, without having to find or write a plugin for it.So for example, if you wanted to press a button to switch the order of your party members while on the map, you can create a common event and then put together the event logic. Finally, you can assign this common event to one of your game buttons! No scripting required. 

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, nice. I think Yanfly was gonna make something similar soon.

it's very useful and you can do tons of things with it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Question ? Ist it something you can use in a fight? Input with a common event at that time or only on specific map? 

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Question ? Ist it something you can use in a fight? Input with a common event at that time or only on specific map? 

I designed this for on-map use only since I didn't know how it could be used for other scenes.

If you need to check map ID you can do that using conditional branches in the event itself.

Reactions: Val

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In response to a request, the plugin has been updated to support trigger common events during battle.

HOWEVER, some things you need to know

1. The plugin is designed to "trigger" common events. It does not change the way common events are handled. It is similar to the "call common event" event command.

2. The game decides how common events are processed. By default, in battle, common events do not run during command input selection. This means that if you wanted something to occur during input selection, you will need another plugin for that.

I am thinking about how this could be solved, but there are a lot of consequences involved with trigger common events during input selection.

Last edited by a moderator:

quiloulou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
c+
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to make the common event only work on the map (out of combat)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth