Common Event - Check for Armor "type" currently wearing

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by SaintKrol, Jul 20, 2014.

1. SaintKrol

SaintKrol Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Using RPG VX Ace

Hey folks!

I can successfully create a "Common Event" with a Conditional branch, to see if an actor is wearing a certain armor item, such as Common Clothes, or Leather Armor.

However, I would like to take that a step further, and instead, I'd like to check if the actor is wearing a "type" of armor, such as Heavy Armor, or Light Armor.  I don't see an option in the Conditional Branch for the type of armor, and I would guess I would have to use tab 4, and enter a script command instead.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to call up a simple script in the branch, to see if the actor is wearing armor that is "Heavy Armor" type.

Thoughts???

Thanks in advance.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    etype_id tells you whether it's body, head, shield or accessory (the Equip Types listed in the Terms tab, which you can't change unless you use a script).

atype_id tells you what type of armor it is, from the Armor Types list in the System tab.

So you'd use something like this:

Code:
    $game_actors[5].armors[0].atype_id
    to get the armor type (General/Magic/Light/Heavy/etc) of the first piece of armor (the shield) for Actor 5.

3. SaintKrol

SaintKrol Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you Shaz!  This shall work splendidly. 

Have a Nintendo cake, on me, as your reward.

http://imgur.com/M3rcq

4. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Shaz, that method is slightly unpredictable due to it using select; it might result in an error if the armor list is empty and, Game_Actor#armors doesn't return all armor slots, so armors[0] could be the accessory if nothing else is equipped.

I would recommend using:

# Get any actor ever:$game_actors[0].equips[slot_id].atype_id rescue -1# Any of the 4 active party members:$game_party.battle_members[index].equips[slot_id].atype_id rescue -1# or all members of the entire party:$game_party.members[index].equips[slot_id].etype_id rescue -1Where slot_id is:0 - Weapon

1 - Shield or Weapon (Dual Wield)

2 - Helmet

3 - Body

4 - Accessory

This will ensure no errors, and will also return -1 for any non-existing item, or item that is not an armor.

$game_actors[0].equips[3].atype_id rescue -1 will return the bodyarmor's atype_id or -1 if there isn't one equipped.

$game_actors[0].equips[2].atype_id rescue -1 will return the helmet's atype_id or -1 if not equipped.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Shaz likes this.
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you :) I'm a bit light-on when it comes to equips.