Common Event interferes with Event Player Touch/ Event Touch NPC.

RaluShow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I recently created a Common Event that allows the user to transform into a different species.
Its really convenient on the fly besides going into the menu all the time to switch.

Unfortunately I discovered that while you are moving you can still use the Common Event ontop of a Player Event/Event Touch NPC block, it disables the code all together allowing the user to skip cutscenes and necessary loading scenes.

Is there any way i can make it where the user has to be standing still in order to use the transformation Common Event?

Thank You for reading this.

Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you screenshot this transformation comment event?

RaluShow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you screenshot this transformation comment event?
I shall do it in two hours.
I currently am at work.
But I will reply as soon as I can when I do.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, you're using parallel process on common event? That would explain how it's overlap with other event.

1. One obvious way is to manually turn OFF the common event switch every time you contact an event, then turn it ON again when you are done to avoid overlapping. But of course that would be a hassle...

2. Another way is to put the event under specific condition of when you can use it. If you only need the player to be standing still, there will be need a script call.
    Yeah, I'm using MV for example
    event.png

3. Lastly, Yanfly has a script called "Button Common Events" :
    https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/field-scripts/button-common-events/
    Using this, you will no longer need to use parallel process for the common event. It's safe as far as I know. That is, UNLESS you are already using the script, then proceed to number 2.

Last edited:

RaluShow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, you're using parallel process on common event? That would explain how it's overlap with other event.

1. One obvious way is to manually turn OFF the common event switch every time you contact an event, then turn it ON again when you are done to avoid overlapping. But of course that would be a hassle...

2. Another way is to put the event under specific condition of when you can use it. If you only need the player to be standing still, there will be need a script call.
    Yeah, I'm using MV for example View attachment 106682

Using this, you will no longer need to use parallel process for the common event. It's safe as far as I know. That is, UNLESS you are already using the script, then proceed to number 2.
Yes, I am using the YanFly Button Command Events.
I shall try the Second Method.

RaluShow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Yeah, I'm using MV for example View attachment 106682

Its kinda working the opposite way I want it to...
When I move it works and when I stand still it doesn't work.

UPDATE - $game_player.moving? is true and !$game_player.moving? is false
It works now! :3//
YAY!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detulovnoc