Common Event Menu (Yanfly)

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Nectar, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Nectar

Nectar Fried Ore0s Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What I'm trying to accomplish here is if the value of "QuestAssigned" is equal to X, then it will change the description accordingly. For some reason, no matter what I try, it'll only show the most recent description. How can I get the game to load only one of the comments within the conditional branch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What does the label "Show Options" do after you jump to it? Also, exit event processing will cancel out anything after it. So that could be an issue there.

3. Nectar

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Show Options just jumps back to the label to show the choices again, exit event processing cancels out anything after it only if the conditional branch is TRUE

4. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think how i would do it is make a new variable and if your ok with it being random set the variable to a random number between 0 and X (X being the max number of things that can pop up) Then make more conditinal branches that have that variable equal to from numbers 0 to X

It does require a bit of work, but i think it might help. If you want them to eventually see all options, just make the new variable add 1

Edit: By the way, i am talking about conditinal branches inside conditinal branches

5. Nectar

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't think that's the issue ...

6. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The only other thing I can think of is that your variable "var.QuestAssigned" isn't getting updated to the desired value when you need it to. Are there any other events tied to this? If so, where do they reference the variables in this common event?

7. Nectar

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I appreciate the help, but I've constantly check my debug tool over and over making sure each variable and switch properly adds... I guess I'll figure out a work around... Topic can be closed ~