Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Hi,

I'm looking for a snippet that can help call a common event during a message via an escape code.

For example placing a code like \comev(x) would run common event number X upon reaching that point in the message.

Also, if there's a script that lets you set up your own macros. I know yanfly has some for MV, but I haven't run across any in VX ACE.

Thanks for the help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is not something that can be done with a simple snippet, but if I remember correctly modern algebras advanced text system script has options for that.

MA's ATS was a great alternative to yanfly's message system script in Ace and included options that are missing from yanfly, but unfortunately as far as I know it was never ported to newer engines and too many users since then focused only on yanfly's options.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
that is not something that can be done with a simple snippet, but if I remember correctly modern algebras advanced text system script has options for that.

MA's ATS was a great alternative to yanfly's message system script in Ace and included options that are missing from yanfly, but unfortunately as far as I know it was never ported to newer engines and too many users since then focused only on yanfly's options.

I think his VX version has common event support, but I couldn’t find it in the VXA version.

Might have to tinker around with it.

just seeing if anyone had any other suggestions in the meantime

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but I couldn’t find it in the VXA version.
It's in the special message codes but a bit different than a direct call:
# \#{code} - This will evaluate code. So, if you know scipting, you can place
# any code there and it will draw whatever is returned by it. For instance:
# \#{$game_system.save_count} would draw the number of times the player has
# saved the current game.
any script code of course includes the code needed to run a common event, you just have to look for the script equivalent of the call

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
It's in the special message codes but a bit different than a direct call:
# \#{code} - This will evaluate code. So, if you know scipting, you can place
# any code there and it will draw whatever is returned by it. For instance:
# \#{$game_system.save_count} would draw the number of times the player has
# saved the current game.
any script code of course includes the code needed to run a common event, you just have to look for the script equivalent of the call
Ah, I wasn’t sure it could be used like that. Thanks for the heads up!

ill let you know how it goes

the code for that is
`$game_temp.reserve_common_event(ID)I believe

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My mom is finally coming home tonight! In the meantime, Wishful Wanda is back in production.
SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else here. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Maybe too much X-File reference. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pictureperfect