Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have something in my game called sprint socks which cause the players movement to increase from normal to x2 fast. I'm trying to use a common event that creates a player move route connected to a skill when you equip the item. I can't figure out how to activate the switch that calls on the common event upon equipping the item. Is there a plugin for this somewhere?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the part about the skill?

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess the right question is how do I activate a switch by equipping and unequipping a piece of armor. My first post is too confusing.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please do not work with a switch here. Using a switch means that the common event has to be an autorun or parallel process, and that is the wrong way to go about this because it would repeat the common event.

you need a plugn, and that plugin should call the common event directly (like the call common event command) on equip and unequip - there are plugins that do this. Going through a parallel process to activate a one-time-change is a bad idea.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please do not work with a switch here. Using a switch means that the common event has to be an autorun or parallel process, and that is the wrong way to go about this because it would repeat the common event.

you need a plugn, and that plugin should call the common event directly (like the call common event command) on equip and unequip - there are plugins that do this. Going through a parallel process to activate a one-time-change is a bad idea.
Do you have a good plugin in mind or should I go with this one? https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/equipment-common-events.57234/

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!
I made a little plugin for you.
It will play a common event every time you quit the menu.
So you can put a conditional branch there:
If the player has skill X or has Equipped Y.

Eli_QuitMenuCommonEvent.js

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!
I made a little plugin for you.
It will play a common event every time you quit the menu.
So you can put a conditional branch there:
If the player has skill X or has Equipped Y.

Eli_QuitMenuCommonEvent.js
Ok let my try this. Will I put the conditional branch inside the common event?

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mkingdom
Take a look at this. There is an option to check if the actor has equipped a weapon. It also have fo skill too ^^

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I already saw that before you said something. Its strange. It works on one of my actors and not the other.....whatever...it works thanks.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeymastermind