AdeptusUK

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all

I'm relatively new to rmmv and suspect I am doing something wrong as I can't find a thread for this issue.

In my project I have two common events; one grabs the map id, X and y coords of the player. The second transfers the player to the stored location. My issue is that the second common event to transfer doesn't seem to trigger when called - it is either transferring the player to their current coords (I'm using a transparent actor on a cutscene) or it is not triggering at all, I don't think there's a way I can differentiate. When I store the id/X/y I am using the data "game data" drop-downs. Am I storing a value or just a reference to the game data?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

V_Aero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You store variables, ie simple integers.

How are your common events triggred? Sounds like Event 1 is parallel and stores the Players position every frame. If so, disable parallel process.

Can you just screenshot your common events please?

AdeptusUK

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your response (and to mod for moving to correct forum) - I think I was just trying to work on it too late as I'd just put the call to the common event in the wrong place. Apologies for wasting your time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yo Ho Ho... Time flies when you are having rum...

I'm rewatching Glee, just watched grilled cheesus.
Now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or I want to cry.
I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to possibly consider for my games.
I decided to try to make a mucha-styled artwork, and by now I've sunk more time in studies and sketches than I usually do in the whole thing. Fingers crossed it's worth it!
Since we have a lot of new faces, please be sure to read the forum rules under the Help tab at the top. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeoWolf