RMMZ Common event when new game start

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I seen some script adding possibility to have common even in some specific occasion but I looking for one that
allow to start a common even each time a new game si started. It's for load the cinematic.

I want avoit the autostart event on first map because I want centralize my code actually.

Thank yous =:0)

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While it'd be possible to hook into the function that checks each common event for its start conditions, and then reserves it, to make it run a specific common event on the very first map, there's no reason to need to do this with a plugin at all.

At best, you save a single auto-start event, and at worst, you add lines (and possible bugs) to the function that runs on every update to check if a common event should be running, causing a (likely insignificant, but still there) amount of lag.

If you want your intro event to be a common event, there's no reason why you can't do that, and just have an auto-start event on map 1 that turns on the switch that runs the common event, or calls it directly via event code. Making this happen automatically is needlessly complicated when the tools to do so already are already available in the editor.

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
ok then lol it was purely estetic to avoid to have that even on the map lol. But well as everyone told to just do that lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! Not sure how many people know about Cafofo Music on Itch.io, but I highly recommend their Sound Effects! It is amazing quality AND quantity and best of all, they are having a 50% sale! I can't express how much I love sales.
Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:
working hard working hard working hard >:)
Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhimsicalFae