superisk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

I have a parallel Common Event that triggers when a character consumes a specific item in open play, and it runs perfectly, however, I would like this to run only the first time this item is consumed. I have tried using the Common Event itself to change the switch to off, but this doesn't work because it's not triggered by the switch, it's triggered by the consumption of the item...

At this point the only solution i can think of is to make 2 copies of the same item, the first one you pick up is linked to the Common Event, and then all subsequent pick ups is the version of the item that isn't linked to the Common Event...

As always, any help is much appreciated!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Add a conditional branch inside the common event; If the switch is ON, then do nothing. If the switch is off, trigger than effect and turn the switch on.

superisk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Add a conditional branch inside the common event; If the switch is ON, then do nothing. If the switch is off, trigger than effect and turn the switch on.
Perfect, did not think of that. Thanks v much!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how are you structuring this?
Items can call common events that have no trigger, and paralel events are triggered by switches, not items.

It sounds as if you're calling a parallel common event - and that would be exactly why it doesn't work as intended, because parallel events should not be called at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took the kids to a corn maze. They gave us a map and had lights at certain points in the maze. Not overwhelming... or underwhelming... just... whelming.
Okay, vacuuming fruit flies out of the air is surprisingly effective.
Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.
Job concerns. Love where I work, but I have severe anxiety while I'm outside at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RewSYso