Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the most recent version on GitHub, though it appears the pull request with fixes has yet to be approved as Aesica's fix is only a day old and GitHub for MZ is 3 days old. Hopefully it comes through soon as my problem may already be solved.
If you don't want to wait for it to be merged, you could grab it straight from my repo.

Edit: Quick question: I'm noticing now that I have an empty invis light event on the map that it's defaulting to tinting everything black (max darkness). Is this normal? Not a complaint, just curious if this is the reason everything is black without a Set Tint command.
Yeah, solid black (#000) is the default, so if you want it to be less intense, use set tint in a self-erasing parallel/autorun event. Just note that this becomes the new default, so if you set it to say, #f00 on one map, then go to another map, it'll still be #f00.

SirDhyne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually not 100% sure how to do that. GitHub is fairly confusing from a consumer standpoint, when you're just trying to download something. I have plenty of other work to do, so unless someone is willing to explain it for me I can just leave it for now.

Regardless, is there a way to make it so that the light on an event is off by default until you toggle it on? I know how to add the light to the event, but it's automatically on. I suppose the solution to this would be to use the plugin command on a parallel process/map autorun, but I'm unsure and can't really test that currently.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm actually not 100% sure how to do that. GitHub is fairly confusing from a consumer standpoint, when you're just trying to download something. I have plenty of other work to do, so unless someone is willing to explain it for me I can just leave it for now.
Follow Aesica's link.

Regardless, is there a way to make it so that the light on an event is off by default until you toggle it on? I know how to add the light to the event, but it's automatically on. I suppose the solution to this would be to use the plugin command on a parallel process/map autorun, but I'm unsure and can't really test that currently.
The easiest way to do it is to make it a conditional light. Conditional light are off by default until you light them on.

You can also do it with kill switches, but it is less handy.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Github is confusing even for programmers. Here's the link

Anyway, when you create a light and assign it an ID, it's off by default, so that's the easy part.

Edit: I'm too slow!

SirDhyne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much. I can confirm that your fix is 100% working, and the fact that lights are off by default is a godsend (would rather have to manually turn them on instead of manually turn them off.

I'll come back if I have any other questions, but with this and the MV demo I should be good to go. Thanks again!

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I remember the terrax lighting from MV, it would be awesome if someone was to put up a demo project showing off the code to enable the features as this wasnt the easiest plugin even back in the day

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
A sample project for MZ? Yep, I have been thinking about that,
but my lazy myself said that I should be waiting for a good MV to MZ converter.

More seriously, making a demo for MZ inspired from the MV one will be my next objective,
as more and more question are raising about the MZ version.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found the reason myself, the parameter variable is wrong

Last edited:

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Looks like you can just put MV's data file into a MZ project and it kind of works...

I'm currently porting the MV demo to MZ, and I had a question, @Aesica: on the faerie map, what would be the MZ equivalent of 'Tint daylight'?
Another one is the 'Fire radius 150 #887722' of the torch common event.

I have done the pull request. If people want to try out earlier, you can grab it here: Demo MZ

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently porting the MV demo to MZ, and I had a question, @Aesica: on the faerie map, what would be the MZ equivalent of 'Tint daylight'?
Another one is the 'Fire radius 150 #887722' of the torch common event.
When setting a screen tint, leaving the Tint Color field blank should tint it based on the time of day. (It should say that in Tint Color's description...I think) As for the torch, it should just be <cl: fire 150 #887722>

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
When setting a screen tint, leaving the Tint Color field blank should tint it based on the time of day. (It should say that in Tint Color's description...I think) As for the torch, it should just be <cl: fire 150 #887722>
Looks like I didn't read until the end the helps of the 'Tint Color' plugin command, thanks.

By the torch, I meant the 'Use torch' common event number 1. I don't think there is something yet to give the player a 'fire' type light.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I might've overlooked that with the plugin commands. I'll fix it later tonight

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want it to be night all the time. How do I do dis?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a few ways depending on what you're after:
  • If you want time to continue to cycle, just adjust the DayNight Colors to all be whatever shades of night you want, then set the Night Hours to be 0, 1, 2, 3, etc all the way to 23
  • If the flow of time is irrelevant for your game, just use the plugin commands to first set the hours and minutes to 0, then set the time speed to 0.

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did i see someone mention porting the terrax demo to MZ? :ewat:

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to turn off the light of an event and then turn it on. The event is named Eye1 so I thought it would be

Light off Eye1
or maybe even
Light off id Eye1

But it doesn't seem to work on the player touch event I have going.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you set up a light's note tag, the "id" is part of that note tag, not the event's name or event id number. So: <cl: Light 250 #ffffff Eye1>

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When you set up a light's note tag, the "id" is part of that note tag, not the event's name or event id number. So: <cl: Light 250 #ffffff Eye1>
I've attached the ID in the proper place but the Plugin command seems to still be off.

I'm trying to turn the light off when the player hits a spot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerie