Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've attached the ID in the proper place but the Plugin command seems to still be off.

I'm trying to turn the light off when the player hits a spot
Got screenshots of your plugin command settings + light note tag?

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys,

Im getting this to work on test maps but its not working in game. Most likely cause: VisuStella plugins.

I have the core suite of VisuStella enabled; are there any known conflicts/workarounds?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure, haven't really tried it with them. Try turning each one off and see if that affects anything.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hey guys,

Im getting this to work on test maps but its not working in game. Most likely cause: VisuStella plugins.

I have the core suite of VisuStella enabled; are there any known conflicts/workarounds?
I never tried VS, but I can say that on MV, TerraxLighting worked perfectly fine with Yanfly's MV plugins,
so there is no reason there would be a conflict with VS, as it is basically a port of Yanfly's MV library.

Be just sure you place Community Lighting under all the VS suit. If it don't work,
try turning off VS plugins as Aesica said.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just tried it with the whole wad of VS plugins enabled and it works fine whether above or below them. Note that this is just the base-level free plugins, since I'm not paying for plugins just to test for compatibility. :D

Here's what plugins I had active, just for reference.

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm. Can't for the life of me figure out what I've done. I created a new map within the project; turned off all other plugins and used the same notetag for the event that works in a blank project. For testing purposes I'm using the notetag from the helpfile: 1599646691794.png
No other events on map. I'm not using any other events on the map:
1599646793231.png
Any ideas? Kind of wish I saw this plugin before I got so far into the game. Haha.

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it. I had copied and pasted the text from GitHub into a txt file and saved it as js instead of downloading it. I downloaded the js instead and its working now!

EDIT: I know I shouldn't double post so here goes; I'm assuming this is something to do with the standard resolution vs the yanfly custom resolutions:

1599648363882.png

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Got it. I had copied and pasted the text from GitHub into a txt file and saved it as js instead of downloading it. I downloaded the js instead and its working now!

EDIT: I know I shouldn't double post so here goes; I'm assuming this is something to do with the standard resolution vs the yanfly custom resolutions:

View attachment 159961
There is a plugin parameter who allows you to adjust the plugin to your screen size.
If you use an higher resolution, just insert your values instead of the default ones.

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a plugin parameter who allows you to adjust the plugin to your screen size.
If you use an higher resolution, just insert your values instead of the default ones.
Excellent. I guess I better dig through the helpfile before posting!

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Trying to add offsets to this. But it stops the from being displayed.

the note for a offset is x# and y# respectively. :shrug:
any help would be appreciated.

Interestingly enough it works fine without them but if you put in x0 and y0 it stops. (which shouldn't be happening) Am I missing something?

Fixed the first problem. the ID tag check must be last. Otherwise the x and y flags have no effect. Conditional lighting am i right. Anyways it seems to be drawing to tiled coordinates. Hmm...

1599757098503.png
Seems to be working now. Excellent. Can I contribute this somehow?

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

One With The Particle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nekohime1989 You can contribute either making making a GitHub account and submitting a pull request. In which case you'll get credited as a contributor there. Or you can post the script to this thread and one us will add it there. In which case GitHub won't list you as a contributor. Either way you'll get added to the plugin contributor list here, and in the plugin itself. :LZSexcite:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the parts that parse the note tags, it's probably best to leave id for last so that it doesn't potentially gobble up one of your x or y offsets for lights where the user doesn't want an id. Here's what I mean:

Change this
Code:
                else if (x.length > 0 && this._clId === undefined) this._clId = x;
                else if (x[0] === "x" && this._clXOffset === undefined) this._clXOffset = Number(x.substr(1, x.length));
                else if (x[0] === "y" && this._clYOffset === undefined) this._clYOffset = Number(x.substr(1, x.length));
Into this
Code:
                else if (x[0] === "x" && this._clXOffset === undefined) this._clXOffset = Number(x.substr(1, x.length));
                else if (x[0] === "y" && this._clYOffset === undefined) this._clYOffset = Number(x.substr(1, x.length));
                else if (x.length > 0 && this._clId === undefined) this._clId = x;

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh and another thing I didn't notice right away:

Code:
Number(x);
+x;
...are both the same thing. The latter is just shorter to write and easier to read.

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can edit in the offsets for the mv version tomorrow btw.

edit: there's a syntax error in the version 1.27 of the mv version btw. (not sure how to fix it)

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make sure all your ()s are closed and such. That's usually where those come from.

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to brighten the shadowed areas outside of the light sources? So they appear closer to 'in darkness' rather than 'total darkness'?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, use the "Tint set #rrggbb" plugin command in MV (change #rrggbb to a color of your liking) or the set tint plugin command in MZ. Have these executed on a self-terminating event that autoruns on the desired map, something like this:

Code:
Plugin Command : Tint set #ff0000
Erase Event
Note that this tinting persists until you change it again on another map.

ImaginaryVillain

One With The Particle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parzival