Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain
How difficult would be to add days to the timer in this plugin? I thinking of adding quests that get failed if you do not complete them in time, along with other time-dependent features (blacksmith tells you to come back in 2 days to come back and pick up your new sword). Since I'm using the time from this plugin, I'm wondering about the feasibility of adding the if hours >23 then day ++1, and having that day saved in a variable like we can already do with hours and minutes.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain
How difficult would be to add days to the timer in this plugin? I thinking of adding quests that get failed if you do not complete them in time, along with other time-dependent features (blacksmith tells you to come back in 2 days to come back and pick up your new sword). Since I'm using the time from this plugin, I'm wondering about the feasibility of adding the if hours >23 then day ++1, and having that day saved in a variable like we can already do with hours and minutes.

Couldn't you use two variables?

One variable stores the hours and another counts days.

Set up the variable for hours to count to 24 and then combine it with the days variable to count up every 24...

You can use a loop to it....

Loop variable hours
If variable hours = 24
Variable days += 1
End
End

Or something like that... I don't use the time feature so I don't know exactly right way, but it would probably be something like that...

Then, in the case of the blacksmith, you can make another variable for just him and compare the two.

Something like:
Variable bsmith = variable days
Do quest, days pass

If variable days > variable bsmith + 2
"Too late!"
End

Or something like that...

It quick and dirty but I hope you can get the jist of what I was doing there...

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Couldn't you use two variables?

One variable stores the hours and another counts days.

Set up the variable for hours to count to 24 and then combine it with the days variable to count up every 24...

You can use a loop to it....

Loop variable hours
If variable hours = 24
Variable days += 1
End
End

Or something like that... I don't use the time feature so I don't know exactly right way, but it would probably be something like that...

Then, in the case of the blacksmith, you can make another variable for just him and compare the two.

Something like:
Variable bsmith = variable days
Do quest, days pass

If variable days > variable bsmith + 2
"Too late!"
End

Or something like that...

It quick and dirty but I hope you can get the jist of what I was doing there...

I'm trying to do exactly that, but using the time feature of the plugin. I could potentially run an parallel event that checks the hour of the plugin every few minutes, but that would mean adding this event to every map in my game... not impossible, but a bit clunky.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to do exactly that, but using the time feature of the plugin. I could potentially run an parallel event that checks the hour of the plugin every few minutes, but that would mean adding this event to every map in my game... not impossible, but a bit clunky.

Make a parallel process common event that continues to run in the background that constantly checks everything. You can make the loop in that event and it'll do the same thing for all maps.

I did something similar for an interest system on my bank system.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make a parallel process common event that continues to run in the background that constantly checks everything. You can make the loop in that event and it'll do the same thing for all maps.

I did something similar for an interest system on my bank system.

I like the idea. Thank you, I’ll implement it that way!

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the idea. Thank you, I’ll implement it that way!

No problem... Let me know if you need more help with it. I don't know the time system all the well, but I'll help however I can.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem... Let me know if you need more help with it. I don't know the time system all the well, but I'll help however I can.

I got it working exactly as you've recommended. Thank you so much!

1.jpg

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@ImaginaryVillain

Guys, amazing story to tell even here, for the problem that i said pages ago about fps drops (i've also opened a new thread (here)

Upgrading NWJS to the newest version, resolved this damn problem!!!

Incredible T_T So happy! i've done other tests and they no longer crash when overloading scenes.

Upgrades are a godsend!

A shame that Rpg maker mv is no longer supported in this aspect (for example PIXI ...)

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You use a plugin like YEP_EventHitProx... which would allow you activate an event from a distance.

Or you can use regions in the lights influence and use a parallel process with a variable that keeps track of the players region ID...

Unfortunately if your lights are turnt on and or off, i,e you want enemies to attack those that leave the light. Event prox would not work as a solution

I figure it would be a script call, of some sort of 'IF Actor is .......' then x

But not sure if there is anything in community lighting that say whether the player is under light. Although it does apply shadow effects to the player so maybe it does.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all! I'm wondering if I've encountered a bug, or if it's simply something not implemented in the plugin.

My candles are fire flickering lights, using the event notebox <cl: fire 100 #654e00>

I want my players to also be able to carry the flickering light with them, using the plugin command: fire radius 100 #654e00

For some reason, the flickering is working as expected when using the event note box, but the flickering is not working when using the plugin command. Is this because it's a bug, or is it because fire radius is not implemented and only activates as light radius?
I've checked the sample demo and it has the same issue...

Cheers!

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello all! I'm wondering if I've encountered a bug, or if it's simply something not implemented in the plugin.

My candles are fire flickering lights, using the event notebox <cl: fire 100 #654e00>

I want my players to also be able to carry the flickering light with them, using the plugin command: fire radius 100 #654e00

For some reason, the flickering is working as expected when using the event note box, but the flickering is not working when using the plugin command. Is this because it's a bug, or is it because fire radius is not implemented and only activates as light radius?
I've checked the sample demo and it has the same issue...

Cheers!

Update the plugin, i wrote that problem and Aesica fixed it. Post 321.

Go to Github and take the new version.

@ImaginaryVillain

I have an upgrade to ask.

We set the radius to make the game load the lights within an X radius, right? Ok. I have tested the function and it is perfect.

There is a small problem. We should also set the radius on the camera when it moves. Because if you scroll the map to show something that is happening outside the player's field of vision, the lights don't turn on, obviously.

Is it possible to ensure that the radius is also applied to the camera, when she moves? Or rather than the player, the camera itself. So that when the camera moves, what is actually active is only the player's visual range.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update the plugin, i wrote that problem and Aesica fixed it. Post 321.

Go to Github and take the new version.

I'm confused... the one I have downloaded a couple of weeks ago says version 2.0, but the latest version on GitHub right now is 1.3. So should I use the 1.3 or the 2.0?

Edit: I've installed 1.3 and the flickering seems to work. Not sure where the v2.0 went, but i'll keep it around just in case. Thanks DarkSearinox92

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I'm confused... the one I have downloaded a couple of weeks ago says version 2.0, but the latest version on GitHub right now is 1.3. So should I use the 1.3 or the 2.0?

Edit: I've installed 1.3 and the flickering seems to work. Not sure where the v2.0 went, but i'll keep it around just in case. Thanks DarkSearinox92

No wait.

On github, the latest version is 2.0 You're talking about mv, right?

This is it. See, version 2.0, and the fire radius is working.

P.S. Remember to do "update" with dx mouse on the plugin, in the plugin list, when you change the plugin in the folder.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! For some reason, when downloading the master zip file on GitHub, the .js inside of it is still at rev 1.3. Downloading the .js directly gives v2.0...

anywho, it works ^.^

As a side note, if anyone is interested in have a smooth day/night transition with colors that a bit more on the realistic side (dark navy blue at night, blue hour in morning, warm color right after sunrise, golden hour at sunset), here's what I've came up with:

1604592825727.png

This is based on this concept: https://www.photopills.com/articles/understanding-golden-hour-blue-hour-and-twilights

Last edited:

Winter Witch

❄️
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone!
This plugin is fantastic! I'm working on a game that takes place inside of caverns and mines, so playing with the lights brings a lot of atmosphere.

Is it possible, somehow, to block lights, for example with region ID, not completely, but, let's say, to be a barrier for the flashlight? Lile if someone explores a cavern and the beam of their flashlight stops at a big rock or a wall, without enlightening what's behind, unless you go there with the flashlight. Or you turn on a lamp in one room without seeing the light in the next room, while still being able to use the flashlight in there.

Thank you all for your hard work! :wub Best wishes!

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!
This plugin is fantastic! I'm working on a game that takes place inside of caverns and mines, so playing with the lights brings a lot of atmosphere.

Is it possible, somehow, to block lights, for example with region ID, not completely, but, let's say, to be a barrier for the flashlight? Lile if someone explores a cavern and the beam of their flashlight stops at a big rock or a wall, without enlightening what's behind, unless you go there with the flashlight. Or you turn on a lamp in one room without seeing the light in the next room, while still being able to use the flashlight in there.

Thank you all for your hard work! :wub Best wishes!

What I think you are referring to is ray casting and is very taxing on the FPS. This plugin does not do ray casting.

I’m wondering if there could be a way to fake it however. For instance, when your character turns around the corner, you trigger some kind of change on the region ID that is regarded as blocking light. I haven’t tried it myself... so not sure if it’s a proper solution.

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I just found this - thank you, it looks great!

Question: would this plugin be able to let you have custom shapes (as in, using images) to lights? I'd like things like windows casting light from the outside, and just a round light wouldn't look right.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I just found this - thank you, it looks great!

Question: would this plugin be able to let you have custom shapes (as in, using images) to lights? I'd like things like windows casting light from the outside, and just a round light wouldn't look right.

I think you're stuck with circles. Take for example a light <cl: fire 150 #ffca91>, it will light up as a circle:

1604786418740.png

But the circles can be cropped by using the direction parameter. D8, for instance, crops the left and the top of the circle like this:

<cl: fire 150 #ffca91 d8>

1604786292237.png

I'm not sure how big the window you're talking about is, but I imagine you could do something similar as above.

Otherwise, I suggest just painting a lightbeam from the tileset:
1604786697089.png

Hope this helps!

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awww that's a shame.

Yeah I've been using an older lighting system (Khas') and it lets you use images... and the glow has that image's shape, which looks pretty neat. Which I was hoping for here.

Sadly, I can't script to save my life, or I'd try to add that feature to this (I love that this is a community project btw!)

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awww that's a shame.

Yeah I've been using an older lighting system (Khas') and it lets you use images... and the glow has that image's shape, which looks pretty neat. Which I was hoping for here.

Sadly, I can't script to save my life, or I'd try to add that feature to this (I love that this is a community project btw!)

You can get a similar effect without a plugin
A simple implementation but quite effective
Sun.gif
By using the summon portals and tweaking its opacity you can get this effect in an event which you can then copy and paste across any windows in your game.
How to sun.png
Can also switch between yellow and blue portal if you want moonlight.

:rtear: again if anyone knows how to script call whether the player is effected by any light source made by this plugin i would greatly appreciate it

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raw2na