Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got a question: is there a way to increase the layer size used for the lighting system? Let's say 64 pixels all around?

When I do a screen shake, I see where the layer ends, on both sides:

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Moon_Haven Open up the plugin, find the line...
JavaScript:
this._maskBitmap = new Bitmap(maxX + 20, maxY);
It should be line 651. Change the 20 to however many pixels you want. Let me know if that fixes the problem, if it does I'll add it in a later update.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That should be in the plugin parameters. Set "Screensize X" to something a bit larger than your project's screen size and it should fix the problem.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain and @Aesica
That would work, but only for the right side of the screen, we also need to have a buffer on the left side. I think the proper way to fix this issue is to have a buffer all around (there are some people that have vertical shake as well as horizontal).

this is what I'm thinking:
In gray is the lighting layer
In blue is the game screen
The yellow arrow is the buffer (for argument's sake 20 pixels)

So if screen (blue) starts at (0,0) and ends at (1280,720)
The layer (gray) should be (-20,-20) and ending at (1300, 740)

1606763274178.png

Edit: I've changed the value to 64, but it did not fix the issue (I have the feeling the value is hard coded in multiple places). this._maskBitmap = new Bitmap(maxX + 64, maxY);

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It shouldn't be having problems on the left side. What version are you working with? MV or MZ?

Edit: Nevermind, just tried it on MZ and while lighter screen shakes have enough padding, heavy ones [9, 9, ?sec] don't have enough. Taking a closer look now.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Double post, but oh well. Just wanted to say I have a version on my github with a fix for this.

Note: It adds a new plugin paramter, "Lightmask Padding" that you'll need to set (it default to 0 if unset) that lets you customize how much padding is added offscreen. I set the default to 40, up from 20, which seems to work with even a full-power screenshake.

Edit for link: https://github.com/Aesica/community_lights

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: okay, let me try your new version. be right back...

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On the subject of this, there seems to be a contribution that might have disappeared. I noticed Nekohime wasn't in the credits, but I recall them adding something like light source offsets or whatnot. Did that somehow get lost at some point?

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know there was something on Nekohime's end for why GitHub did list them as a contributor. I sent the relevant info Neko's way to fix it. But Neko said it didn't matter, so that's why Neko's not listed on the GitHub. Don't ask me why I can't just manually add contributors, that would be too easy and GitHub's not about that "Thug Life".

As for the plugin files. It probably got dropped during one of the update shuffles. I just added Nekohime1989 to author section of both plugins. The first post already credited Neko, so everything should be good.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried the new version, but it doesn't seem to work.

I still see a black border on the left

Light border on the right.

Thinking about it, I must be doing something spectacularly stupid because even at a strength 1 of screen shake, I still see a border on the right side.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Moon_Haven
The right can be fixed by setting Screensize X to something larger than your project. So if your game's width is 1104, try setting it to 1144.

As for the black border, I've never ever seen that before. Make sure that isn't map autoshadows or some other plugin causing issues.

@ImaginaryVillain
What about their actual changes, though. I just wanted to make sure those weren't lost as well.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can look at old pull requests to see what they contributed...
https://github.com/ImaginaryVillain/community_lights/pull/6

...is the pull request in question. You can pretty much see all of the changes made by everybody but me. But that's because I just submit to the main branch since I can't submit a pull request against my own repository. I'd have to fork it to do that so I just submit it directly. Otherwise all the updates should be there.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aah alright, I...think it's all there? :D Oh well, if they haven't said anything, then they either haven't updated since then to notice the problem or it's all good. I'd look in greater detail but I kind of just want to go play street fighter 5 or bloostained or something instead. :3

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No, ones does not mention Bloodstained... Else I won't get my game finished. :kaoback: Jokes aside, I usually don't worry too much about it. If people have a problem, I'm sure we'll hear about it and it will get looked into then. Otherwise I just assume everything is good.

Honestly, even if there is a problem if it's not catastrophic, or I'm too busy working on other stuff I'll just let it slide till someone (possibly me) has time to fix it.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks Aesica! Increasing the width fixed the light border on the right. The black border on the left does remain. I've made a 100x100 empty sand map and put the shake trigger in the middle of it, just to make sure it wasn't something weird with the cave map I had made.

This GIF image shows the black border pretty well.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks Aesica! Increasing the width fixed the light border on the right. The black border on the left does remain. I've made a 100x100 empty sand map and put the shake trigger in the middle of it, just to make sure it wasn't something weird with the cave map I had made.

This GIF image shows the black border pretty well.
I can't reproduce the black strip on the left side, so I suspect you have some odd settings or some other plugin is causing conflicts or something.

Screenshot your plugin parameters, please. And you're not using anything odd like RMMV's built-in tint system, right?

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: I've removed literally all the plugins but this one, and I still have the black bar on the left side. When I remove all the plugins, the black bar is no longer. If I reinstall this plugin and leave all the settings to default, the black bar reappears. So I'm starting to think that my computer doesn't like the plugin somehow.

1606963667737.png.

Here's my plugin settings:
1606963757690.png

And here is my autorun event for the map:
1606963844266.png

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are you tinting the screen with?

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin command: Tint set #000000

Tried with and without, but I didn't see a difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?
Ami
--- Top Up ---

Merchant: Diamond Sword cost 100 Diamonds
F.Magic Knight
: I don't have Diamonds,what should we do?
M.Knight: I don't have any choice,i have to Buy Diamonds with my Card
F.Magic Knight
: You do?
(M.Knight's Balance Just Have 1.25)
M.Knight: (Chuckle) Maybe,later…
Decided to add the option to customize decor/furniture in the player's base -- a couple of item options per furniture slot, some different carpets, etc. It's not really difficult to event, but oh goodness it's much more tedious to implement than I anticipated :'D
Dunno but maybe I'll make an art raffle soon. Anyone interested in it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilcom