First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All right, fixed a few thangs!

MV version: Updated to v2.4
MZ version: Updated to v3.5

- Fixed a bug where the player light source ignored the brightness parameter
- Restored the light offset functionality that somehow went missing. While I'm not sure how it was supposed to work originally (I couldn't find the code that actually added light offsets properly anywhere) here's how it works now:

<cl: light 250 #fff x0.5 y1>

Creates a light source that's half a tile to the right and 1 tile down

<cl: light 250 #fff y-0.5>

Creates a light source that's half a tile up

The fixed versions are on my github and should be on @ImaginaryVillain 's branch once he sees this. :)
YOU ARE GLORIOUS. Thank you so much for this! <3 do the offsets work with on-map flashlights too?

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bless your heart, Aesica. <3

1607693183456.png

Edit2: ... Can I make another request? Could we get the map flashlights to work with the ID/kill switch system please? I don't know why they were left out of having IDs. xD

And for the life of me, I can't get this to work with Mog's Time System properly. Just giving them the same Hour Variable didn't work - I'm having to control time via Community Lighting and having Mog's Time get the time from that, so that my visual clock can work, but then it doesn't change the day.

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
So very amazing! YOU GUYS are the best of the best. I always said it. This plugin is getting incredibly beautiful!

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone able to confirm that the processing power required for this plugin grows when increasing the radius of the lights?

For testing:
* I have a map with some 30 small lights (radius 80), my FPS doesn't drop.
* Other map has 2 lights (radius 600), I lose about 20 FPS.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone able to confirm that the processing power required for this plugin grows when increasing the radius of the lights?

For testing:
* I have a map with some 30 small lights (radius 80), my FPS doesn't drop.
* Other map has 2 lights (radius 600), I lose about 20 FPS.
Nope, haven't had any issues with that. Just tested in a room where I use 2 really big lights @ 800 radius for ambience and subtle gradients, then in another room with about 8 lights @ 250 radius each, and I'm still at a solid 60 for both rooms.

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've only had performance issues in my main city map - which is pretty large and now stands at 99 events, some of them parallel, has moving cloud shadows going by nonstop, and some 30 map flashlights plus 4 different events for 3 locations of sun and a moon (and those have around 350 radius). But performance only drops when I increase the option to draw lights from farther away to above 22 squares.

But my computer is fairly powerful.

I haven't tried lights that large yet though - when it comes to that I just tint the entire area.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AfroditeOhki didn't though of the flashlight for a light like that, very creative and dynamic =)

@Aesica does teh plugin also work direct for the demo or will it break some lights?
or lights that isn't added to it, be able to add it in the demo as well?

I might use this plugin over ocram_lights (while he has many nice features), this one
become better in some nice ways =)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure the demo could use some updating, and probably uses an older version of the plugin unless somebody else updated it (I know I haven't)

That said, dropping the latest version into it *should* work fine in the demo.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, what color do you guys use for a torch (fire)? I'm having a hard time making it look good... :/

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm it depends on the color as well you use? blue fire, red fire, orange, green,
rainbow perhaps? for different vibe in dungeons, puzzles etc.

Best way is to put the tile and color in MV, use black bg, and play with colors
behind the torch that fits best for you and use that color code :)

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm it depends on the color as well you use? blue fire, red fire, orange, green,
rainbow perhaps? for different vibe in dungeons, puzzles etc.
Oh, it's for the normal color of fire, as in what you'd see irl lol. I've tried various shades of yellow, oj, & red, but I can't seem to get it just right...

@Frostorm
Depends on type of light and the size of it.
Thanks, I'll check those out!

Edit: Omg, it's beautiful! Tyvm!! (#e1c4a9)
1608228464560.png

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Aesica @ImaginaryVillain Guys,

I report a small problem that I had also encountered in the Terrax's vanilla version.
Would it be possible to put the Tint Screen above the lights as a priority?

If the Tint screen is used, lights remain visible and are not covered :(

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica @ImaginaryVillain Guys,

I report a small problem that I had also encountered in the Terrax's vanilla version.
Would it be possible to put the Tint Screen above the lights as a priority?

If the Tint screen is used, lights remain visible and are not covered :(
Do you mean the default RM tinting?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the default one.
I'm pretty sure the default RM tinting is done by changing the color tone of the game screen directly, so there's no way to put it over anything else. If you want lighting to be able to interact with tints, you'll have to use the plugin's tinting instead. Sorry!

Jimmy2017

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi all.

I'm trying to use this with MZ and i'm getting a bit confused on a few things. I am mainly using this plugin so that torches will have a nice fire effect.

So when I enable it, and add a fire effect, the player character then has a radius of light as well, with the remainder of the map being black. I noticed on the first page of this, OP said:

Sure plugin command Tint set #333333 (where the 333333 is any number that amuses you). Also
Tint fade #333333 will fade the current color to a new color.

However, these plugin commands don't exist that I can see, I just have on/off as an option. I tried adding these to notes on a parallel event that would normally do the default MZ tinting, but this doesn't make any difference either.

I essentially just want to have torches etc have a warming glow effect, and the rest of the appearance largely untouched.

Am I overlooking something incredibly simple here?

EDIT: Also the demo for MZ the map sets are entirely blank for me. I can select the events in the editor but cannot test anything to see how it looks.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all.

I'm trying to use this with MZ and i'm getting a bit confused on a few things. I am mainly using this plugin so that torches will have a nice fire effect.

So when I enable it, and add a fire effect, the player character then has a radius of light as well, with the remainder of the map being black. I noticed on the first page of this, OP said:

Sure plugin command Tint set #333333 (where the 333333 is any number that amuses you). Also
Tint fade #333333 will fade the current color to a new color.

However, these plugin commands don't exist that I can see, I just have on/off as an option. I tried adding these to notes on a parallel event that would normally do the default MZ tinting, but this doesn't make any difference either.

I essentially just want to have torches etc have a warming glow effect, and the rest of the appearance largely untouched.

Am I overlooking something incredibly simple here?
MZ plugin commands are done in a fairly straightforward way. If you have the correct plugin (the non-UMC MZ version) you should have all tlhe plugin commands available via the dropdown plugin command list. The tinting command is under "Set Tint."

EDIT: Also the demo for MZ the map sets are entirely blank for me. I can select the events in the editor but cannot test anything to see how it looks.
The demos have their assets stripped to save space. You can copy the RTP assets from any new project into the demo project and it should work just fine.

Jimmy2017

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi Aesica,

Thanks so much for the reply. I actually loaded it again this afternoon after reading this and the options have all appeared now. No idea what happened before, I literally only had the 'turn on/off' as an option on the drop down, but now everything has appeared.

I'm sure I will have other questions in due course!

Thanks again :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cLonio