DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Aesica @ImaginaryVillain

Hi Guys, i've asked this question in the past, i see only a thing and i'm asking for curiosity, again, because i don't understand this.

If i use normal tint screen to -255 to all (black), the screen will totally cover in this way, of course. Total black.

tint2.JPG

But if i do the opposite thing, Tint in white 255 to all, i see this:

tint.JPG

And i see the lights under the scene.

Why do you think the tint do this strange thing? and Black screen works well? :/

The A-ster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ImaginaryVillain So I am using <cl: DayNight 0> and have all of the proper switches and variables set (switch 2 is to toggle night, Vars 4, 5 and 6 are hours, minutes and seconds, respectively). However, regardless of my settings (initialization forces the time of day to 12:00 noon), it always starts off at night time, even with the switch for night set to "off." Is there any way to control the time of day? Or is it unable to be done in such a way? Thank you!

EDIT: This is on the MZ version and I have v3.6

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain So I am using <cl: DayNight 0> and have all of the proper switches and variables set (switch 2 is to toggle night, Vars 4, 5 and 6 are hours, minutes and seconds, respectively). However, regardless of my settings (initialization forces the time of day to 12:00 noon), it always starts off at night time, even with the switch for night set to "off." Is there any way to control the time of day? Or is it unable to be done in such a way? Thank you!

EDIT: This is on the MZ version and I have v3.6
Are you using the switches/variables to set the time? If so, don't do that because they're read-only. The variables are used to easily fetch the current hour, minute, or second and the switch is meant to easily tell whether an hour established in the plugin parameters is intended to be treated as day or night. There's no easy way currently to dynamically set whether an hour is day or night at runtime, but I'll probably fix that in a future patch.

Anyway, to set the time, you'll want to use the plugin command (Set Time I think) instead.

@Aesica @ImaginaryVillain

Hi Guys, i've asked this question in the past, i see only a thing and i'm asking for curiosity, again, because i don't understand this.

If i use normal tint screen to -255 to all (black), the screen will totally cover in this way, of course. Total black.

View attachment 174525

But if i do the opposite thing, Tint in white 255 to all, i see this:

View attachment 174526

And i see the lights under the scene.

Why do you think the tint do this strange thing? and Black screen works well? :/
It has to do with how the light layer blends with the main layer, and fixing it is probably more trouble than its worth.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here's the thing. This plugin places a giant black bitmap over the screen. Then uses the canvas lighter to create a composite of a circular gradient (the light) and the portion of the black bitmap in the area of the event/player. Then it uses canvas source-over to replace that section with the merged version of the two. So what you see as the light is just a merged version of that portion of the black bitmap and the circular gradient.

So if you use a white screen, you are taking a white bitmap and merging it with the circular gradient of your light. Since your light is much closer to the white, it blends too much with it creating an effect that's not really the illusion of lighting. Which is pretty much what this plugin is doing.

As for a fix. I don't really believe it's possible without redesigning how this plugin applies lights. I have been considering other options but not going to lie, anything I personally develop for this plugin is driven by use for my game. And at present I don't have much need to completely rework how the lights work in this.

The A-ster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anyway, to set the time, you'll want to use the plugin command (Set Time I think) instead.

Thank you so much! I was dumb and didn't even bother to look at Plugin Commands, it seems. XD Thank you again!

Successboat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I only just started with RPG Maker, so I have no idea how to use this plugin. Any help?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Successboat there is a demo to download (might not be the latest version) but all basics
are in there on how to use it :)

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm working with the MZ verison now. Previously in MV I would use a plugin command to change the hue of the shadows/dark area to make them not be pitch black. However Plugin commands in genreal seems to be changed in MZ.

So how would I make the black areas not be pitch black?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Set Tint plugin command should do it
1610184057161.png

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Do you think that i can find a "workaround" for cover the map in total white, with active lights? Not by using normal Tint screen, but in another way. Only asking if you have some ideas. Maybe a function that put in a layer OVER the bitmap, the function for tint the screen? Or something like that?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried an all-white picture the same size as the game screen?

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@DarkSearinox92 I guess the real question is, what are you trying to accomplish? If you added a second layer that wasn't involved with the plugin, it would just be a white screen. If you add one that has the same holes in it, you'd get the white result from earlier as it would just cover the black bitmap.

If you want the screen tinted, RM's got a built in one that would tint it for you without interfering with this plugin. Or of course you could just place a semi transparent white bitmap over the screen using the built in picture command. That would of course just create a washed out effect.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi guys, I need your help again!

On my latest post I was able to update Terrax Lighting to Community Lighting deleting the note tag key "CL" and disabling Terrax Lighting

1610298741040.png
1610298917915.png
1610298979346.png

But today I just noticed it stopped working on all my maps

1610299014155.png

Trying to fix it I updated to the latest MV version (v2.4) and disabling some new plugins I added lately, but nothing works.

Do you have any list of unsupported plugins?

This is the candle note tag:
Code:
Light 400 #FF9900 1

This is how I turn the candle on:
Code:
Light on 1

I will try disabling more plugins to find which is causing the problem, but any help is welcome, thank you!

I am using RPG Maker MV Version 1.6.2 from steam.

--- UPDATE ---

Some things I tried:

- I disabled ALL the plugins but Community Lighting
- Used plugin command: Tint set #000000
- Used plugin command: Light activate
- Changed note tag key to "CL" and candle note tag to <CL: Light 250 #ffffff>
- Changed the plugin order (tried moving Community Lighting to the top and bottom)

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@DarkSearinox92 I guess the real question is, what are you trying to accomplish? If you added a second layer that wasn't involved with the plugin, it would just be a white screen. If you add one that has the same holes in it, you'd get the white result from earlier as it would just cover the black bitmap.

If you want the screen tinted, RM's got a built in one that would tint it for you without interfering with this plugin. Or of course you could just place a semi transparent white bitmap over the screen using the built in picture command. That would of course just create a washed out effect.

Wait, maybe we don't understand each other ... Or maybe yes and I'm confused. I just want to get the Tint screen offered by rpg maker to change to 255 (white) by coloring the whole screen OVER the plugin effect, as happens when I set the -255 (Black). I just want a fade to white, but not to black. With black the halos of light are not shown, while with white they are. If I use the plugin tint screen, of course, I don't get the same effect.

We understood each other? : S Or am I out of phase? XD

That's why I asked if it was possible to create a white Tint screen that would color the screen above the plugin. Because if I understood correctly, from the previous answers, Tint screen colors the screen but does not cover the lights ... (?)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, I need your help again!

On my latest post I was able to update Terrax Lighting to Community Lighting deleting the note tag key "CL" and disabling Terrax Lighting

View attachment 175020
View attachment 175022
View attachment 175023

But today I just noticed it stopped working on all my maps

View attachment 175024

Trying to fix it I updated to the latest MV version (v2.4) and disabling some new plugins I added lately, but nothing works.

Do you have any list of unsupported plugins?

This is the candle note tag:
Code:
Light 400 #FF9900 1

This is how I turn the candle on:
Code:
Light on 1

I will try disabling more plugins to find which is causing the problem, but any help is welcome, thank you!

I am using RPG Maker MV Version 1.6.2 from steam.

--- UPDATE ---

Some things I tried:

- I disabled ALL the plugins but Community Lighting
- Used plugin command: Tint set #000000
- Used plugin command: Light activate
- Changed note tag key to "CL" and candle note tag to <CL: Light 250 #ffffff>
- Changed the plugin order (tried moving Community Lighting to the top and bottom)
A few things:

1. It worked when you switched from terrax to community originally, right?

2. Does it work fine again when you switch back to terrax and disable community?

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
1. Yes, it worked 2 months ago.

2. Yes, disabling Community and enabling Terrax make it work again, the following image is the same location but using Terrax Lighting.
1610319822679.png

Extra information

This is how I have the plugin settings:
1610320066084.png

I used this link to get the script:

Edit

OK, I finally solved the issue!

I installed Yanfly Options Core, this plugin doesn't show the Community Lighthing option, I had to Disable Yanfly Option Core, write something on the option menu entry setting, launch the game, open options, set Lighthing ON, close the menu, re enable Yanfly Options Core and now Community Lighthing is working again :D
1610402474285.png

Last edited:

stix45

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I tried launching the MZ demo and every time I attempt to play it, i just get a black screen with the retry button.

Did I do something wrong?

OhMeGa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I tried launching the MZ demo and every time I attempt to play it, i just get a black screen with the retry button.

Did I do something wrong?

You need to put the demo project file into an existing dummy project, it has no textures for some reason.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

No edits, just gameplay from one area to the next. Plus all my new shiny interface stuff... And I even remember to bolt down the portal so it won't escape this time. :kaopride:
You guys just freely offer up your Autonomy?
I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :(
so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
W7Fhp9n.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avigayil