OhMeGa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am trying to figure out how to implement this plugin for 3 days now and I'm super lost. I copied all the settings and common events from the demo into my game and still, once I place any light source into my game I just get a pitch black night and the cultist time change script doesn't seem to do anything :(

EDIT: I figured it out, the issue was the clock. I would recommend maybe explaining it more in the demo, because the running clock part isn't really elaborated on very well.

Last edited:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Failed to execute 'createRadialGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': The provided double value is non-finite.
at Bitmap.radialgradientFillRect (Community_Lighting_MZ.js:2698)
at Lightmask._updateMask (Community_Lighting_MZ.js:1904)
at Lightmask.update (Community_Lighting_MZ.js:1384)
at Spriteset_Map.Sprite.update (rmmz_core.js:1971)
at Spriteset_Map.Spriteset_Base.update (rmmz_sprites.js:3150)

-----------------------------------------
Can anyone help?

stix45

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You need to put the demo project file into an existing dummy project, it has no textures for some reason.

Ah alright, it's working now. Thanks!

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
1. Yes, it worked 2 months ago.

2. Yes, disabling Community and enabling Terrax make it work again, the following image is the same location but using Terrax Lighting.
View attachment 175060

Extra information

This is how I have the plugin settings:
View attachment 175062

I used this link to get the script:

Edit

OK, I finally solved the issue!

I installed Yanfly Options Core, this plugin doesn't show the Community Lighthing option, I had to Disable Yanfly Option Core, write something on the option menu entry setting, launch the game, open options, set Lighthing ON, close the menu, re enable Yanfly Options Core and now Community Lighthing is working again :D
View attachment 175179

You must create a new entry in yanfly option menu by yourself, for have the possibility to activate/deactivate the script (connected with a switch).

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@ImaginaryVillain @Aesica

A very good option would be to create a compatibility with the Yanfly option menu Core. I had to create a switch connected on an entry in the menu, and everytime that you close the menu, this passage check if the switch is on/off and then run a parallel common event.

If the switch is on, then it activate the script and automatically apply the tint that i want.

If the switch is off, then the common event deactivate the script with command.

Had a specific part of code to insert in the option menu core, for check this without this passages would be great (maybe it can remember the tint when you re-enable it, or have the possibility to "syncronize" it, if you reactivate it and you use the Day/Night option.

Would it be possible?

shepard82

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been trying to get the day night to work even on a new project but the screen only stays like if it is day time. I have put the note into the map note area but it still doesn't work. I used the same settings as the demo with no results. Can anyone help. I'm using mv the latest steam version

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain @Aesica

A very good option would be to create a compatibility with the Yanfly option menu Core. I had to create a switch connected on an entry in the menu, and everytime that you close the menu, this passage check if the switch is on/off and then run a parallel common event.

If the switch is on, then it activate the script and automatically apply the tint that i want.

If the switch is off, then the common event deactivate the script with command.

Had a specific part of code to insert in the option menu core, for check this without this passages would be great (maybe it can remember the tint when you re-enable it, or have the possibility to "syncronize" it, if you reactivate it and you use the Day/Night option.

Would it be possible?
It's possible, but I'm personally not inclined to do it for two reasons:

1. I'm not a fan of having a player-controlled on/off switch for all lighting effects in general, since it cheapens the design of a developer's maps that utilize the aforementioned lighting effects. Imagine you, as the developer, making a spooky cave with limited lighting, a haunted house with limited visibility, or a nice cutscene for your town at night......only to realize players can just turn off all of that in the options menu.

2. And this is the big one: Yanfly's options core is a paid plugin, and I'm not too keen on making compatibility tweaks for other plugin developers' premium content in something that's otherwise free. Besides, I don't have options core so I'd probably have to buy it so I could see what makes it tick. That's a no-go.

Sorry I don't have better news about that. :(

I have been trying to get the day night to work even on a new project but the screen only stays like if it is day time. I have put the note into the map note area but it still doesn't work. I used the same settings as the demo with no results. Can anyone help. I'm using mv the latest steam version
Post the note tag you're using exactly.

rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Failed to execute 'createRadialGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': The provided double value is non-finite.
at Bitmap.radialgradientFillRect (Community_Lighting_MZ.js:2698)
at Lightmask._updateMask (Community_Lighting_MZ.js:1904)
at Lightmask.update (Community_Lighting_MZ.js:1384)
at Spriteset_Map.Sprite.update (rmmz_core.js:1971)
at Spriteset_Map.Spriteset_Base.update (rmmz_sprites.js:3150)

-----------------------------------------
Can anyone help?
Oops almost missed this one. Are you using any other plugins with map-based visual effects (weather plugins, etc?) What are you doing exactly when that error occurs?

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
It's possible, but I'm personally not inclined to do it for two reasons:

1. I'm not a fan of having a player-controlled on/off switch for all lighting effects in general, since it cheapens the design of a developer's maps that utilize the aforementioned lighting effects. Imagine you, as the developer, making a spooky cave with limited lighting, a haunted house with limited visibility, or a nice cutscene for your town at night......only to realize players can just turn off all of that in the options menu.

2. And this is the big one: Yanfly's options core is a paid plugin, and I'm not too keen on making compatibility tweaks for other plugin developers' premium content in something that's otherwise free. Besides, I don't have options core so I'd probably have to buy it so I could see what makes it tick. That's a no-go.

Sorry I don't have better news about that. :(

Post the note tag you're using exactly.

1) Yes, you'right. I think it in the same exactly way. But unfortunately i thought about it because Lightnings are very heavy. And maybe on low devices fps drops down... So i thought drastically, advising in the option menu that deactivating it, the visual experience will ruin.
So do you think that maybe it's not the best option to add? :( Now you have made me doubt if insert it or not :(

2) Oh. it's paid? Really? I thought that it was in the free pack. Oh well, so don't worry in anycase...

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the note tag I use
<cl: Daynight 10>
You probably just need to create an event with a light source on it. If nothing else, you can use an existing event and just put: <cl: light 0 #000000>

I usually just use the same event I use to assign lighting effects on a given map, among other "run once, then erase the event" kind of things.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are people interested in compatibility with Galv's Map Projectiles MZ? I've got it setup for my latest version of UMC, however it requires editing Map Projectiles some. Still if people are interested, I can devise a way to not do that. If not, well I already did it for my game either way. ;)

@DarkSearinox92 I'm pretty much in agreement with Aesica on this one. But that's the beauty of this project, anybody can add that compatibility if they want. Personally I've moved entirely to MZ, so I likely won't be working on the MV version going forward.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are people interested in compatibility with Galv's Map Projectiles MZ? I've got it setup for my latest version of UMC, however it requires editing Map Projectiles some. Still if people are interested, I can devise a way to not do that. If not, well I already did it for my game either way. ;)
As long as it doesn't add *too many* new moving parts to the jenga tower that might break or add overhead to projects not using that plugin, I say go for it. Or if you want to be safe (and it's reasonable to do codewise) an optional extension plugin that works along with this one would work as well.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm... An optional plugin would probably make the most sense. It changes a lot in both plugins... I pretty much had to recreate the entire event tracking system, except for Galv's Projectile objects, along with introducing all the necessary information to those to make them act like events for purposes of lighting.

Then again since I integrated it into an event system that's very similar to the one already in Community Lighting... I think I only have 3-4 functions that are different in it. Hmm... Since Galv doesn't allow edits of his plugins to be posted I'll have to ask him if he's okay with an add-on plugin being created, if so then I'll look into it.

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone should really just put the bare bones rtp needed (5mb or less) into the demos. I don't understand why each person needs to generate another 400mb RTP data hog and then manually copy over files into it.

Last edited:

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
First hello everyone, I guess, since I wasn't active on the site since a while.

I created a pull request with demos with minimal graphics (40Mb for MV, 12Mb for MZ, because MZ graphics are way less big). I also added a correction for Ids on the MZ version (numeral ids were interpreted as radius), and updated the MZ help file.

Also, since many people were confused about the fact that the plugin needs at least one light event to be active, and it isn't very difficult to either get rid of this feature (plugin always active even without light event), or making it a plugin parameter. Would you be interested in such feature?

Underserial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German

I created a pull request with demos with minimal graphics (40Mb for MV, 12Mb for MZ, because MZ graphics are way less big). I also added a correction for Ids on the MZ version (numeral ids were interpreted as radius), and updated the MZ help file.

Also, since many people were confused about the fact that the plugin needs at least one light event to be active, and it isn't very difficult to either get rid of this feature (plugin always active even without light event), or making it a plugin parameter. Would you be interested in such feature?
yeah makes sense to active it be default with a parameter like
"always active = true"

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I appreciate the MV demo fix. There is a big problem though, the demo is loading parameter settings for v1.025 instead of v2.4 (wrong Plugins.js?)

Deleting it and re-adding it to the Plugin manager fixes the problem, you should do that to the demo.
It confused the hell out of me because the manager was saying v1.025 and all the lights were broken but the plugin is correctly v2.4.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I appreciate the MV demo fix. There is a big problem though, the demo is loading parameter settings for v1.025 instead of v2.4 (wrong Plugins.js?)

Deleting it and re-adding it to the Plugin manager fixes the problem, you should do that to the demo.
It confused the hell out of me because the manager was saying v1.025 and all the lights were broken but the plugin is correctly v2.4.

My changes aren't merged yet in the main project, so I guess you are referring to the version without assets?

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My changes aren't merged yet in the main project, so I guess you are referring to the version without assets?
I downloaded your zip in pull request, I guess it's fine now, disregard : D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i'm working on finishing an old game in vx ace (the first game i tried to make in vx ace), and it's making me realize how many things i've come to take for granted in mv (like the additional BCDE tile layer and the plugin manager).
It's ma birfday! Gonna chill and work on my project, editing some icons for my compass rn. Later It's pizza and a movie, maybe Blazing Saddles...
I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.
I'm new here! Used to use RPG Maker 2000 as a kid, now I make 16-bit era style RPG music and hope to contribute to a project. You can sample a couple of tracks I posted on YouTube by searching my username.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Makusui