DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
You know, hearing it this way has me thinking--maybe it's just MV's internal throttling that happens when you do any number of things that make it think "this is too much to handle at 60fps" I know you could also trigger a laggy framerate drop just by spam opening/closing the menu a bunch of times.

Yes... but it's only in Test mode :/ This is the strange thing...

I see what's happening now and it was very easy to reproduce. That's easy enough to fix, so I'll add it in next time I do plugin stuff. Thanks for catching it!

Glad to help! Even in simple things xD

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
What line of code needs to be added so that turning the lights on/off shows up in visustella options menu?

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
What line of code needs to be added so that turning the lights on/off shows up in visustella options menu?

Assuming Visustella options work the same as the MV version of the plugin (I don't own the Visustella version, and even if I had it, it would be impossible to read through its code), what you need to do is to duplicate another option who is also a boolean binary choice like 'Always dash', and change its symbol to 'cLighting' (without the quotes).

You probably also want to add as show condition something like '$gameTemp.isPlaytest()' to prevent an actual player to access it, as it will ruin all you lighting work.

Last edited:

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hi there,

I don't want to interupt your conversation here, but I had a little question about the plugin.
Is it possible to create lighting sources during battle, like torchlights on the background?

Best regards,

Fabian

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi there,

I don't want to interupt your conversation here, but I had a little question about the plugin.
Is it possible to create lighting sources during battle, like torchlights on the background?

Best regards,

Fabian

Hello,

Currently the battle light mask is made to cover the whole screen.
I imagine to get the effect you want your best bet is to use the 'add a picture' command,
your picture being the light you want to show, possibly with a different fusion mode.

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heyo thanks for all you do on this plugin especially you Aesica :) legit one of the best codes for ambience there is

I have a best practice question if anyone doesnt mind sharing their thoughts

I combined an event sensor with the lighting mechanic so that i have this whoosh moment when you walk near a lamp

Lighting Trick.gif

I've done this via a parallel check on the event switch
1619241047058.png
My question however is that if i do this in a big room for the epic 'fire'ness' i feel that a significant number of parallel checks could slow down the game

I feel this is the only way to do it (as erase event deletes the chara) but i thought it would be nice to double check with others

Does anyone have a method that would not be as big a risk to performance

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could always just use one parallel event to check all the torch/etcs' distance to the player and adjust their switches accordingly, but that takes a bit of scripting knowhow and I'm not sure how much your comfortable with. Is the event sensor comment thing part of a plugin?

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I imagine you use 'Reset light' plugin parameter to reset lights between maps?

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could always just use one parallel event to check all the torch/etcs' distance to the player and adjust their switches accordingly, but that takes a bit of scripting knowhow and I'm not sure how much your comfortable with. Is the event sensor comment thing part of a plugin?
Yes its one of mog's its not something im completely uncomfortable. though i was stress testing it earlier and had 50 torches going without slow down :/
Sometime the engine cant handle the basics but then will run 60fps with 60 parellels in the background XD

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, can that plugin just flip a self switch rather than being used to set the current event page? If so, you could use it with CL's kill switch feature to flip the lights on and off without even using parallel.

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, can that plugin just flip a self switch rather than being used to set the current event page? If so, you could use it with CL's kill switch feature to flip the lights on and off without even using parallel.
Yes the plugin actually does that by default, which caused me 10 minutes of confusion at first as it sets the switch to 'D' ..........which happens to be the default kill switch in the community lighting plugin :kaoback: XD

I see what you mean but i think they are both working against the other in that instance
MOG's is going from 'no self switch' to 'self switch d' for activation
Lighting is going from 'no self switch' to 'self switch d' for de-activation

I believe you'd need to reverse the function of one of them in the code which is un-ideal.
MOG's event sensor and Community Lighting work really well together for ambience almost like they were meant to be paired :kaojoy:

However if you wanted to run it without parallel's i think you'd need to add an extra parameter which would be the opposite of the Community lighting kill switch
1619418197269.png to 1619418542093.png
For instance different parameter 'light'/'alive' switch ?
So that

1 : Player Walks past event
2: Mog event sensor detects and changes self switch to C
3: Community Lighting 'alive switch' detects the self switch C and turns on the lighting

i think its really just that one is activation and the other is de-activation

(though it may not be as simple as that as i think you'd need to add a definition for lights that are looking for this switch and those that shouldnt, which could be tricky)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're talking about this problem, aren't you?

Funny, I recently was tinkering with events, movement, proximity-based behavior, and a bunch of other things for another plugin project I'm working on, and for whatever reason, I didn't take the kill switch behavior into consideration.

Adding a way to invert the kill switch behavior isn't unreasonable and actually something i've kind of wanted to do for awhile. Next time I get around to it, I'll add that behavior--for the sake of my own plugin project as well. :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or a compability patch in case mog hunter sensor is active or "used"
by the comment, the kill switch is ignored, if it doesn't has one, it
will be used for kill switch, it really depends whats easier done :)

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're talking about this problem, aren't you?

Funny, I recently was tinkering with events, movement, proximity-based behavior, and a bunch of other things for another plugin project I'm working on, and for whatever reason, I didn't take the kill switch behavior into consideration.

Adding a way to invert the kill switch behavior isn't unreasonable and actually something i've kind of wanted to do for awhile. Next time I get around to it, I'll add that behavior--for the sake of my own plugin project as well. :)
That's spot on the issue. :kaopride:
And it would be amazing if you inverted the kill switch. I'll eagerly await for your next update to the plugin if thats going to be there :)

You got me curious on what your plugin project is now that has you looking at that o_O

Hayden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.

I've been using the MV version for the last few days, and had a quick question.

I've got a cutscene where two characters start a camp fire. Can I activate a light from scratch purely with plugin commands? Or does it have to be with note tags?

I want to make it so that the fire is out while the player goes and gets wood, and then after a cutscene, the fire is going and the light turns on.

In the plugins help section it says you can turn lights on or off with matching ids. Are the ids the event number? I tried putting this into the notetag for the fire:

<cl: fire 400 #fb9b05 B30>

it does work, but the fire is just always on. The fire is event 3 in my map. I tried to turn it off with this:

Light off 3 and Light off id 3 as plugin commands, but it has no effect.

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im less fmailiar with the MV version now but your tag is missing the ID ref, b30 is the direction and now you need to add the id ref if im not mistaken

1619445178811.png

then you do what ever the MV equivalent of calling the id light on is
1619445228096.png
you should have a working version of that exact scenario in the demo

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or a compability patch in case mog hunter sensor is active or "used"
by the comment, the kill switch is ignored, if it doesn't has one, it
will be used for kill switch, it really depends whats easier done :)
I can't speak for the others, but I definitely want to avoid the compatibility patch approach, because the more patching there is, the messier things can get. I have a much more elegant solution in mind, actually.

That's spot on the issue. :kaopride:
And it would be amazing if you inverted the kill switch. I'll eagerly await for your next update to the plugin if thats going to be there :)

You got me curious on what your plugin project is now that has you looking at that o_O
In the above-mentioned plugin project, one of the goals will be to allow its note tag system to be able to pull note tags out of either the standard note field *or* from the first comment in the active event page (comment taking priority) essentially allowing for page switching to also change the note tags. If it goes well (I don't see why it wouldn't) then it'd be easy enough to port over to this plugin, too.

So it'd be less about adding a reverse kill switch and more about just making the kill switch obsolete.

Hayden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im less fmailiar with the MV version now but your tag is missing the ID ref, b30 is the direction and now you need to add the id ref if im not mistaken

View attachment 187557

then you do what ever the MV equivalent of calling the id light on is
View attachment 187558
you should have a working version of that exact scenario in the demo

Ah, I see!

I was getting lost because normally whenever plugins refer to IDs they mean event numbers. Got it working now.

Such a great plugin. I'm liking it more than Khas's Ultra Lighting already.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated both the MV and MZ versions to 4.2:
  • Added page-based note tag support for events
  • Fixed a bug where the time window could overlap with the touch ui menu button (MZ only)
  • Cleaned up some help text
  • Fixed a minor bug where directional-fixed flashlights were spam-refreshing, creating grotesquely-bloated cycle arrays when light cycling was used with them. Oof.
What do I mean by page-based note tags?

1619490925777.png

Ugh, imgur likes to suck balls sometimes, just click it to see I guess~

So now, the same event can have many different lighting effects depending on which page is active. See the gif/video/whatever for details.

You can get the newest version on my github, and unless anyone finds any horrible bugs with it, I'll pull-request it to the main repo. I forgot to do that last time, oops!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1620833447825.png
This is one of the most beautiful art styles I've seen... it's also the style I draw in... er.... what's this style called...?
Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdzezzzs