LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try changing "Light event required" in the plugin parameters to true, this will make every map without and light of some kind full bright.
weh.png
Quick Question : I finally ported over the latest build into my main project going from V3.2 to V4.2 seems i missed a few versions but i noticed now that unlike previously

Any map that doesnt have this map notetag is now pure darkness, which is weird

ANyone know what would be driving that
View attachment 188787

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try changing "Light event required" in the plugin parameters to true, this will make every map without and light of some kind full bright.
View attachment 188788
yep i tried that but i have an issue wherein any map with a light event but not map tag is pitch black

really weird not sure what changed

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yep i tried that but i have an issue wherein any map with a light event but not map tag is pitch black

really weird not sure what changed
Ah, it's always been like that for me, but i haven't been using Community Lighting for long. You can use the map notetag <Daynight hour h m> maybe? As the default time is midnight.

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
its not end of the world but i just need to tag everything i guess in was just curious what changed

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
By default, dark area are colored in #000000 (pitch dark).
As precised in the help file, if you want dark areas to have another colour (let's say #666666, dark gray), you have to use the 'Tint set color' plugin command, in my example Tint set #666666. For MZ, it is the 'Set tint' plugin command.

The 'Daylight' only effect is to replace the pitch black (or whatever colour you choosed with the previous command) lighting by a night/day circle.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick Question : I finally ported over the latest build into my main project going from V3.2 to V4.2 seems i missed a few versions but i noticed now that unlike previously

Any map that doesnt have this map notetag is now pure darkness, which is weird

ANyone know what would be driving that
View attachment 188787
That's weird. Does it do that even if you set a map tint?

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's weird. Does it do that even if you set a map tint?
Yes that works,

It's odd as it means that the lighting system is on (pitch black) even if no map note tag is present which is odd, as that use to be a hard requirement.

It just means all maps are dungeon black if i dont note tag the map.

In some ways this is cool as it means all dungeon maps are jet black except external lighting events by default. :kaojoy:

Though with as many maps as i have in the main project note tag'ing them all is :kaoangry:

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes that works,

It's odd as it means that the lighting system is on (pitch black) even if no map note tag is present which is odd, as that use to be a hard requirement.

In some ways this is cool as it means all dungeon maps are jet black except external lighting events by default. :kaojoy:

Though with as many maps as i have in the main project note tag'ing them all is :kaoangry:

What exactly do you want to accomplish? I don't get your point.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes that works,

Oh wait I think I see what's going on. In one of the more recent updates, a thing was added to tint maps even if no light note tag is present on an event, etc. I'm pretty sure you can turn this off though if you prefer the old behavior.

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh wait I think I see what's going on. In one of the more recent updates, a thing was added to tint maps even if no light note tag is present on an event, etc. I'm pretty sure you can turn this off though if you prefer the old behavior.
What setting is that exactly?

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
What setting is that exactly?

It is called 'Light event required'.
If set to true, an event with a light notetatg is required to make the plugin works on a particular map (as in the original TerraxLighting).
If set to false, the plugin will be active on any map.

It is set to false by default.

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cheers, i checked it out, it works but also breaks the ability to run your lighting from parallel common events instead of a lighting event.

Again no biggy as you just have to put a throwaway event in each map

i can see what that feature was trying to do but it should probably have been 'no lighting event or map note tag' to keep existing functionality intact

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I guess that is why Aesica precised to add a dummy light notetag to page based light events.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Again no biggy as you just have to put a throwaway event in each map
You could always use it for other things too, such as performing previous-map-effect cleanup, setting up various things specific to this map, etc. My empty light events (usually put in the upper-left corner to find easily) also do a host of things like removing previous-map weather effects, reset certain temporary variables, relocate events based on specific plot timeline variables, set regionId glows specific to this map, etc.

In short, the event doesn't have to go to waste. :)

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
You know, hearing it this way has me thinking--maybe it's just MV's internal throttling that happens when you do any number of things that make it think "this is too much to handle at 60fps" I know you could also trigger a laggy framerate drop just by spam opening/closing the menu a bunch of times.

I see what's happening now and it was very easy to reproduce. That's easy enough to fix, so I'll add it in next time I do plugin stuff. Thanks for catching it!

Hey @Aesica , i see that you've updated the script on 4.2 but i think that you missed the problem that i posted on post 559 xD

I was thinking ... why not also insert a plugin setting where you can put a default RegionBlock, where you can select idregion and tint, so that the plugin applies the option directly, without having to run it in the game every time that you lunch it, for test for example? Obviously, if you were to change the color or the region during the game, this data would replace the previous ones configured in the plugin.

However, I find it stupid to change this data on that specific configured id region. The Region Block usually only uses it on top of walls and in those areas where the light "shouldn't come".

Maybe we can call this Region Block a Special Fixed region block?

But every time you start the game, maybe even during the tests, you have to launch the command by hand. Maybe a default value would suit us and be useful. I think it's easy to add.

What do you think about it?

Last edited:

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could always use it for other things too, such as performing previous-map-effect cleanup, setting up various things specific to this map, etc. My empty light events (usually put in the upper-left corner to find easily) also do a host of things like removing previous-map weather effects, reset certain temporary variables, relocate events based on specific plot timeline variables, set regionId glows specific to this map, etc.

In short, the event doesn't have to go to waste. :)
Ah yes that is true, i also have a janitor event in the top left normally in most maps :kaojoy:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm confused. I don't really see what "idea" you're talking about. As for the lag, I can't reproduce it so it might be related to your hardware specs. Lighting plugins in general add overhead to RM projects.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is far better than terrax one, thank you!
But i want a plugin command that can change the flashlight for "event" in the middle of game , just like characters.

is it possible?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Make a Game in RMMZ Streams are going to remain in hiatus this week. Too much to do! 4 things will be announced on Monday though! Look forward to that.
Typed a long-ish reply to a post... forgot to actually HIT the post button, and moved to a different page.... finally noticed, don't remember what all I had typed and don't feel like trying to re-type it all.... smh....
Their tactics are evolving. They've learned to call for help when cornered. Never trust a mammal!
Good morning all. I still have a post up on video editing for cinematic trailers. Please make sure to check that out and give me a message as its still active in offers.
Hey everyone! I'm back :D

Snow White? More like Snowhere to be seen amiright? Hahaha I'm so sorry!! :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anselmo00