DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I'm confused. I don't really see what "idea" you're talking about. As for the lag, I can't reproduce it so it might be related to your hardware specs. Lighting plugins in general add overhead to RM projects.

@Aesica No, no no, you've not read the right point. I've written the point 1, told you about a problem that when you start the game, the time game variable is setted to 0 but all switches are not updated at the start and you must force it with the command. The point 2 was about the lag and we talked about enough.

You replied me here, at point 1:

Saying this:

I see what's happening now and it was very easy to reproduce. That's easy enough to fix, so I'll add it in next time I do plugin stuff. Thanks for catching it!

But maybe you forgotten it.

As the idea, i written about the Region block, six posts ago. Just up here.

I was thinking ... why not also insert a plugin setting where you can put a default RegionBlock, where you can select idregion and tint, so that the plugin applies the option directly, without having to run it in the game every time that you lunch it, for test for example? Obviously, if you were to change the color or the region during the game, this data would replace the previous ones configured in the plugin.

However, I find it stupid to change this data on that specific configured id region. The Region Block usually only uses it on top of walls and in those areas where the light "shouldn't come".

Maybe we can call this Region Block a Special Fixed region block?

But every time you start the game, maybe even during the tests, you have to launch the command by hand. Maybe a default value would suit us and be useful. I think it's easy to add.

What do you think about it?

SiRPiGgSaLoT

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey all. Just curious, and this may have been mentioned elsewhere, but there is a random light event type that appears on the uppermost left tile on my maps. Is there a setting I'm missing? Should I just add space to the map to remove this? Tried to attach an image showing my issue but it's too large? (3mb)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica No, no no, you've not read the right point. I've written the point 1, told you about a problem that when you start the game, the time game variable is setted to 0 but all switches are not updated at the start and you must force it with the command. The point 2 was about the lag and we talked about enough.

You replied me here, at point 1:

Saying this:

But maybe you forgotten it.

As the idea, i written about the Region block, six posts ago. Just up here.
I don't really think it's that bad to just include things like region block configuration in a new game setup event. I've always just set mine up in the same event that fires up the prologue cutscene. Adding a plugin param setting just for that seems unnecessary.

As for the time bug, yeah I overlooked it and it's sort of linked to another bug with time I eventually want to fix, but it's a low priority at the moment.

Hey all. Just curious, and this may have been mentioned elsewhere, but there is a random light event type that appears on the uppermost left tile on my maps. Is there a setting I'm missing? Should I just add space to the map to remove this? Tried to attach an image showing my issue but it's too large? (3mb)
Is the upper left corner event the event you use to activate the tinting for a given map? If so, you can just set it to an empty light: <cl: light 0 #000>

This plugin is far better than terrax one, thank you!
But i want a plugin command that can change the flashlight for "event" in the middle of game , just like characters.

is it possible?
Try the page-based note tags (put the note tag in the first comment on an event page). Then, to change the flashlight for that event, just change its page via switch, self switch, variable, etc.

EmmieFinch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im having severe performance drops, i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix or at least mitigate that issue

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im having severe performance drops, i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix or at least mitigate that issue
Lighting plugins in general cause reduce performance because they're doing a lot. If you're testing on an older computer, and especially if you have a lot of events active, you're going to notice some performance hits. Other than that, you'll have to provide some examples of what exactly is causing your performance hits:

"It lags when I have _______ on the screen"
"Framerate drops when ___ number of lights are visible at once"
etc

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses

First: upload your nwjs.
Second: I see that Playtest is more slow that the deployed project.

Third: Follow advises that Aesica told you

I don't really think it's that bad to just include things like region block configuration in a new game setup event. I've always just set mine up in the same event that fires up the prologue cutscene. Adding a plugin param setting just for that seems unnecessary.

As for the time bug, yeah I overlooked it and it's sort of linked to another bug with time I eventually want to fix, but it's a low priority at the moment.

1) I thought region block configuration because when you test the game you always have to run an event for have a "real" perspective of how the map will be. That's why. I know that in a new game is simple to add the command in the starting event. It's only boring in the playtest. That's why. Maybe a plugin configuration only for a playtest will be a qualitative improvement for the palytest.

2) About the bug that the time will not be synchronized with the variable 0 when you start the game, i understand. I will wait a fix. This is always for playtest, of course...

Last edited:

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try the page-based note tags (put the note tag in the first comment on an event page). Then, to change the flashlight for that event, just change its page via switch, self switch, variable, etc.
The event tag is now:
<cl: Flashlight 16 28 #222222 0 4>
and it will sure work

but when i change it to event's comment as follows:
cl: Flashlight 16 28 #222222 0 4
//cl: Flashlight 16 28 #222222 0 4
Flashlight 16 28 #222222
Flashlight 16 28 #222222 0 4

None of above works

any idea?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The event tag is now:
and it will sure work

but when i change it to event's comment as follows:
cl: Flashlight 16 28 #222222 0 4
//cl: Flashlight 16 28 #222222 0 4
Flashlight 16 28 #222222
Flashlight 16 28 #222222 0 4

None of above works

any idea?
It has to be the first comment in the event, at the very top.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has to be the first comment in the event, at the very top.
yes it is!
have you tried that?
if yours is a success, can you post screenshot?

I mean the "flashlight" , not others

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes it is!
have you tried that?
if yours is a success, can you post screenshot?

I mean the "flashlight" , not others
1621490269135.png
Note that it can sometimes take a few moments to show up when switching pages if you don't have an empty light tag <cl: light 0 #000> in the main note box.

Edit: Also check your version. The latest is 4.2

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
View attachment 189767
Note that it can sometimes take a few moments to show up when switching pages if you don't have an empty light tag <cl: light 0 #000> in the main note box.

Edit: Also check your version. The latest is 4.2

OT: Aesica what is the program that you're using for test? o.o i see a different icon, idem that icon in the upper right of the screen... (i know that is obviously nwjs, but it seems different lol), have you changed only the icon? And that button is an addon for something?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I (finally...god I forgot again ffs) sent the pull request to the main repo, so hopefully it's up to date now, too.

OT: Aesica what is the program that you're using for test? o.o i see a different icon, idem that icon in the upper right of the screen... (i know that is obviously nwjs, but it seems different lol), have you changed only the icon? And that button is an addon for something?

It's just a basic project in MZ, which does use a different icon and nwjs version

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
GitHub really is a dumb service. It had me download their software because it couldn't deal with the merge online. I dealt with their apparent multi-month error with their software, got that working... And do you know what merge option the software has? Replace the file with the old one... You know the thing that GitHub should just have standard on it's website. :LZSgrump:

Anyway, it's been updated.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I (finally...god I forgot again ffs) sent the pull request to the main repo, so hopefully it's up to date now, too.

It's just a basic project in MZ, which does use a different icon and nwjs version

I use MV, i am wondering that if it is possible to do such feature with 4.2 version?
1621563295030.png

hi Villain!
Why not use dropbox?
I think it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than github imo

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Honestly, the others seem to like GitHub and I barely even look at it at the moment due to being involved in too many other projects. So I just leave it and occasionally have to deal with GitHub's little... "issues". It's not really difficult, I'm just making fun of it for being poorly designed. :LZSwink:

As for the other, the way this plugin works is by creating a massive black bitmap over the screen, then drilling holes into it. So unfortunately there would need to be some serious changes to make such a thing work. I'll leave it to the others to decide they want to do that.

You could however just place a black circle over the spot and set it's opacity to 30% or something. You wouldn't even need the plugin at that point. It's even possible to use RM's picture command to do so, and the move command to adjust the height/width on a loop to make it "flicker".

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not use dropbox?
I think it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than github imo
Version control, mostly. I don't think dropbox has that, so if, for example, I make a huge ****up that totally breaks the plugin but don't realize it until it's too late, either someone has a previous working version or we're in trouble.

As for the dark tower thing, your best bet is to tint the map as dark as you want the darkest spots, then put a few reaaaally big lights in the "bright as day" area

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
GitHub really is a dumb service. It had me download their software because it couldn't deal with the merge online. I dealt with their apparent multi-month error with their software, got that working... And do you know what merge option the software has? Replace the file with the old one... You know the thing that GitHub should just have standard on it's website. :LZSgrump:

It's very strange. The same PIXI is all on github... and a lot of other softwares.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think I'll remove the UMC files from the project and start it's own repository. I really doubt many people use it anyway, and as it's focus is very different than the main plugin, no need to confuse people.

@DarkSearinox92
Honestly, it's really not bad, I'm just pointing out how dumb it was to need me to install software and deal with some awkward software issues just to use a simple file replace. It would have been no problem to just include that as an option on the site.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?
So Dad broke the blinds two days ago and he finally decided to try to fix them. I doubt he'll do very well without some help. And I can't help him myself--I don't know how the stink to fix those blinds. My knowledge is just plushies, mascots, computers, animation, and video game design. And also, I've had to stop family and friends from downloading viruses too many times to count.
IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuidadoDoyJuegos