Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You mean something like having one particular darker room on a map?
I was thinking, more like, a specific area on a map... like enemy encounters can be specified it seems.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I was thinking, more like, a specific area on a map... like enemy encounters can be specified it seems.
In that case, I would suggest you either use a region event plugin, or create a parallel event who checks what region the player is on.

Quackadoos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
I've come across a problem after updating the plugin and switching over to using the Key. I have this particular event: Notetage Err.png
It only happens with this single camp fire event.
Error Screen.png
I've tried moving the plugin in the manager and I've checked and double-checked the event. It looks like it might be conflicting with VE FogAndOverlay though I'm not sure why as it wasn't before.
Thanks in advance.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi,
I've come across a problem after updating the plugin and switching over to using the Key. I have this particular event: View attachment 202292
It only happens with this single camp fire event.
View attachment 202293
I've tried moving the plugin in the manager and I've checked and double-checked the event. It looks like it might be conflicting with VE FogAndOverlay though I'm not sure why as it wasn't before.
Thanks in advance.

I managed to reproduce the issue locally, I will see where it is coming from.
Thanks for reporting.

Last edited:

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it might be conflicting with VE FogAndOverlay though I'm not sure why as it wasn't before.

I am using the newest version of Community Lighting aswell as VE FogAndOverlay and never had problems with it. So I doubt that these two plugins conflict.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I am using the newest version of Community Lighting aswell as VE FogAndOverlay and never had problems with it. So I doubt that these two plugins conflict.

The problem comes from the latest version of the plugin, which for the moment in kind of an 'experiment' mode on Github. To not have trouble with this, I suggest you stick to version 4.2 for now.

EDIT: I created a pull request with a fix.

Last edited:

Quackadoos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem comes from the latest version of the plugin, which for the moment in kind of an 'experiment' mode on Github. To not have trouble with this, I suggest you stick to version 4.2 for now.

EDIT: I created a pull request with a fix.
Thanks for the help, you're a lifesaver. I've got 4.2 up and running now.

Mladjone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, noob here!

I must be doing something wrong, because the Community Lighting plugin came with a demo, where all the light events are working just fine. When I enable the plugin for my actual project, and try to use the simplest note just to test it out (<cl: light 250 #ffffff>), the game fails to load and displays the message 'ReferenceError - lyl is not defined'.

CaptureTorch.JPG

The plugin is on, the Note Tag key is enabled, and this exact note is given as an example in the plugin description. Still, it fails to work. This is my first time mingling with plugins, so I'm wondering if there's a step I missed to make it all work, or if there's some other explanation I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

When you get the error, please hit F8, go to the Console tab, and grab a screenshot and post it here.

Also provide a link to the plugin.

Mladjone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Here's the link to the plugin that I downloaded.

SS.JPG

And here's the error in the console.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses

Here's the link to the plugin that I downloaded.

View attachment 202589

And here's the error in the console.

Write directly in the thread of the plugin about the error, it's better for receive help and submit bugs :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I have merged your thread with the thread for the plugin

Now @ImaginaryVillain might get a notification about your question.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Mladjone There have been additional updates to the plugin posted since your question. Perhaps those will fix the problem.

Honestly I should probably create release versions so people can easily use old versions that work. Especially given that anybody is allowed to update the plugin.

Mladjone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ImaginaryVillain Where do I find the plugin updates? Are they posted somewhere in this thread or is GitHub being updated with new releases?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the v4.3 update. I was using v4.2. It changed nothing, though. 'ReferenceError - lyl not defined' is still popping up when I try even the simplest note <cl: light 250 #ffffff>.

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ImaginaryVillain Where do I find the plugin updates? Are they posted somewhere in this thread or is GitHub being updated with new releases?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the v4.3 update. I was using v4.2. It changed nothing, though. 'ReferenceError - lyl not defined' is still popping up when I try even the simplest note <cl: light 250 #ffffff>.
It seems it does break on a blank project. I tried reverting it back to 4.2 but Github is having none of that. Looks like I'll have to actually take a look at it...

Edit: I have fixed the bug, the script should work fine now. Please redownload it.

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
It seems it does break on a blank project. I tried reverting it back to 4.2 but Github is having none of that. Looks like I'll have to actually take a look at it...

Edit: I have fixed the bug, the script should work fine now. Please redownload it.

ImaginaryVillain, the True Hero.

Mladjone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

It does! Thanks a lot, I was sure my noob self did something wrong, since it's the first plugin I tried to use and the tutorial mentioned no further steps beyond adding it to the folder and activating it in-game.

Keep doing what you're doing!

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@ImaginaryVillain is the son of God Terrax. He took the plugin with him and redesigned it in his own image and likeness. Aesica is her daughter. The new son is Alexandre.
This is the king of plugins, the best ever, ruled by the gods of scripting.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ok, I was wondering why so many were reverted on Github, now I understand why.
I never realised how similar 'l' and '1' were in Notepad++.

@ImaginaryVillain Totally agree to have a kind of 'release version', I already kinda followed this mentality by only putting known stable version of the plugin in the demos the last time I updated them. It is probably why the bug wasn't reported before or Mladjone didn't experienced it with the demo, as the demos were free of it. I see most of the reverts are still active, it is normal?

Last edited:

Mladjone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ImaginaryVillain Hi, I have one more question. I'm not sure if it's a common bug, a problem with this version of the plugin, or just a screw-up on my part, but every light source is blocked by an invisible wall on the upper right corner.

Capture.JPG

I tried looking through the replies here, but either I've not gone far enough or I've missed a similar problem. Any way to fix this?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on making a simple sprite frame system. And I'm really happy with the progress.
ZAyFw65.gif
Sketching on Milanote the new script of the system I plan to implement for VNMaker. This is making me learning Coffeescript through a crash-course I never thought I would ever take in my meager career as writer, but brings back fond memories when I was forced to learn RUBY for RPGMaker XP back in those years. Oh dear... :LZSooo:
For some reason, I found this is kinda stylist
ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0Name