Zaha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the newbie question - my game is using a day/night system that transfers players to a set map depending on if it's day or night (time is prosessed by events, not a set clock), so I only want the effects from this to work in the evening and night maps. What you would be the best settings for this please?

***edit: For MZ

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Sorry for the newbie question - my game is using a day/night system that transfers players to a set map depending on if it's day or night (time is prosessed by events, not a set clock), so I only want the effects from this to work in the evening and night maps. What you would be the best settings for this please?

***edit: For MZ

Just deactivate the plugin with plugin command for the day map, and re-enable it when leaving it.

Zaha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just deactivate the plugin with plugin command for the day map, and re-enable it when leaving it.
Thanks for the reply. I tried to do this by adding a note to the map, but it didn't work (very likley due to me not doing something right). I'll add try adding the plugin command to my transfer event as you've suggested and see how that works.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the reply. I tried to do this by adding a note to the map, but it didn't work (very likley due to me not doing something right). I'll add try adding the plugin command to my transfer event as you've suggested and see how that works.

What I usually do, on any map I know there will be light changes, is placing a parallel event who activate/deactivate the plugin (and change the light or the player radius if needed) and then delete itself.

What fade in teleportation, the screen is still black when the change occurs, so the player can't notice the abrupt change of lighting.

Last edited:

Zaha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What I usually do, on any map I know there will be light changes, is placing a parallel event who activate/deactivate the plugin (and change the light or the player radius if needed) and then delete itself.

What fade in teleportation, the screen is still black when the change occurs, so the player can't notice the abrupt change of lighting.
Thanks for the further tips. I've got it working by adding it to the common event I use forst shifting time along after an event, but I'll try yours out so it's not as abrupt.

Sorry to pester, but I have another newbie question I'm not able to work out. I'm trying to get the lights going as events (following the demo), but the 'CL' notes I've copied over don't seem to be working. I've made sure 'cl' is actived in the plugin, but still no help - any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the further tips. I've got it working by adding it to the common event I use forst shifting time along after an event, but I'll try yours out so it's not as abrupt.

Sorry to pester, but I have another newbie question I'm not able to work out. I'm trying to get the lights going as events (following the demo), but the 'CL' notes I've copied over don't seem to be working. I've made sure 'cl' is actived in the plugin, but still no help - any idea what I may be doing wrong?

What did you placed inside the Note Tag Key parameter?

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Plugin parameter should I have precised.

Zaha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Plugin parameter should I have precised.
Sorry, my fault - this is the first plugin I've started to use, so I'm not familure with the terms at all. Do you mean the 'cl'?

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Possibilities:
-You turned off the 'Lighting effect' option. So no lights are present.
-The current tint is '#FFFFFF' (no darkness at all)
-The script has been desactived via plugin command.
-You actived the plugin parameter to require a light event to show the light effects but on the map you test there is no light events.

Zaha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't seem to see any of those being the issue, but I'll speand more time testing as I must be missing something. Thank you again for taking the time to help - have a good NY :)

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I can't seem to see any of those being the issue, but I'll speand more time testing as I must be missing something. Thank you again for taking the time to help - have a good NY :)
Also, if you have daynight active on your map, it will force the tint to be whatever your color is for the current (game) time.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this plugin system. Will definitely help for my project.

Zaha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, if you have daynight active on your map, it will force the tint to be whatever your color is for the current (game) time.
Thanks for the clarifcation - I noticed this while playing around with the settings trying to figure out what's wrong :)

Izy

A Really Slow Turtle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! Thank you for this amazing plugin to all the Contributors and to iVillain for making this effort! Really appreciate having this plugin, it's amazing <3

I can't see if this has been raised before, but a little bug to note in a very specific circumstance (the plugin works perfectly for me otherwise):

- What? 48x96ish px box outlined with the System Window appears in the top right-hand corner in game on Transfer Player briefly. I haven't managed to be quick enough to catch a screenshot!
- When? Whenever using "Transfer Player" with Fade set to None in a map. I've tried this a few times in different games/maps/sequences and in the Demo with no other plugins, by adding a Transfer in the start event. Occurs on both parallax and standard maps.
- Temp fix on user side: Setting the "Transfer Player" Fade to Black or White will mean the box doesn't appear any more (although those fades may impact your game in minor ways)

Thanks very much and Happy New Year! <3

EDIT 04/01: I can't get this to reoccur on the demo project today, so this could well be user error or another plugin conflict, I'll report back!

Last edited:

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello there! Thank you for this amazing plugin to all the Contributors and to iVillain for making this effort! Really appreciate having this plugin, it's amazing <3

I can't see if this has been raised before, but a little bug to note in a very specific circumstance (the plugin works perfectly for me otherwise):

- What? 48x96ish px box outlined with the System Window appears in the top right-hand corner in game on Transfer Player briefly. I haven't managed to be quick enough to catch a screenshot!
- When? Whenever using "Transfer Player" with Fade set to None in a map. I've tried this a few times in different games/maps/sequences and in the Demo with no other plugins, by adding a Transfer in the start event. Occurs on both parallax and standard maps.
- Temp fix on user side: Setting the "Transfer Player" Fade to Black or White will mean the box doesn't appear any more (although those fades may impact your game in minor ways)

Thanks very much and Happy New Year! <3

Could you post a video with the bug (if you are on windows, windows key + G will open the xbox bar)?
I sometimes use transfer with no transition, but I never encountered such bug.

Izy

A Really Slow Turtle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you post a video with the bug (if you are on windows, windows key + G will open the xbox bar)?
I sometimes use transfer with no transition, but I never encountered such bug.
Hi Alexandre!

I tried several times this evening to replicate it to make a recording and (typically) I can't now get it to reoccur on the demo project! If I don't encounter it over the next day or so we'll put this down to user error or a different plugin conflict. If I find the cause I'll report back! Thank you :)

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I created a PR for this project to resolve an incompatibility with my plugin (see my signature), please review it and give feedback.

Doesn't look like a disruptive or even a major change. I just approved it so people can test it. If it causes a problem I'll revert it before the next release, but honestly I can't imagine it will.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Been looking to find a lighting plugin to port to MZ, origionally I was using Khas lighting and it's fantastic, but so far incompatible for my project, does this plugin have a lighting option bound to terrain tags?

This is so I can mark preset colours to already map maps with terrain numbers set.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Beep-Beep-Motha-facka.gif

Just finished and uploaded the delivery truck base/sprite sheet. I've been steadily replacing the default assets with early modern alternatives. The air-ship for a biplane, horse-drawn wagon for a delivery truck, and next a sailboat for a steam-powered passenger liner (think of the SS Olympic and RMS Titanic).
I caught a shiny magikarp on pokemonGO today AND finally saw Detective Pikachu and it was so cute and I'm still so hype AHHHHH!!!
one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.
I really liked how this one turned out! :kaopride:
WYqMPf6.png

Character (Yes, this is a character): Nibiru the Primal Being from Yugioh.
Dragon Quest style enemy selection plugin work in progress:

Quest_Targeting.png

It's a simple targeting system from the NES era. Select an enemy group; single-target skills will target the first enemy in that group.

Quest-Targeting-Animated.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kishanth