DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
4.5.1 should be working, too.
Did you follow the download instructions? (Otherwise, you may download an html page rather than the actual plugin.)

I confirm this thing, 4.5.1 MV version doesn't work :( Downloaded this : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ImaginaryVillain/community_lights/master/Community_Lighting.js

Yep, you are totally right, I managed to reproduce the error; I will work on a fix this evening.

You are a hero <3

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should be fixed with my latest pull request.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
It should be fixed with my latest pull reques

Unfortunately, i found a bug.

Now the new version is working, but the updating of the auto-shadows happens only the second time that you force the hours, and inverted.

Try to create an event with

Daynight hour 1

and another event with

Daynight hour 10

If you force the Hour on 1 the first time, they disappear. If you go on day (hour 10), they doesn't appear.
If you force the Hour again on 1 THEY APPEAR...
If you force again the hour on 10, they doesn't appear.

So basically the process inverted it.

BUT, if you double force the hour on 10, so run two times the event, they appear again.
And if you double force the hour on 1, they disappear.

But basically if you start over, they continue to appear and disappear but inverted.

So: They are inverted.
but: if you double force the event, they respect the right order.

:(

Last edited:

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, i found a bug.

Now the new version is working, but the updating of the auto-shadows happens only the second time that you force the hours, and inverted.

Try to create an event with

Daynight hour 1

and another event with

Daynight hour 10

If you force the Hour on 1 the first time, they disappear. If you go on day (hour 10), they doesn't appear.
If you force the Hour again on 1 THEY APPEAR...
If you force again the hour on 10, they doesn't appear.

So basically the process inverted it.

BUT, if you double force the hour on 10, so run two times the event, they appear again.
And if you double force the hour on 1, they disappear.

But basically if you start over, they continue to appear and disappear but inverted.

So: They are inverted.
but: if you double force the event, they respect the right order.

:(

I guess it only happens on map without daynight?
EDIT: OK, found it, I will make the update ASAP.
Re-EDIT: It is online.

Last edited:

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Might I add a suggestion, size cycling? So that lights can be small and grow large vice versa? Could be a neat thing.

daisukeuwu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i have a question, what can i do when i start the game with the plugin (mz), and says unexpected number?

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to make the time of day screen tint fade into the new time's tint when the time changes? When time changes manually (eg by plugin command), not by DayNight cycling by itself.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I get this font glitch using Community Lighting. Any clues? It's with version 1.4.4 of MZ.

newest.png

Last edited:

Scorpioni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to use the day night system (different tints at different hours) but keep the speed at 0? My plan is to only advance to morning/noon/night at certain points in the story through events with plugin commands. But it seems that if you keep the day night speed at 0, the tints don't update.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi fellas. I wanted to make a Taxi event that currently produces a small light (indicating it's a taxi that's available for transport) parking on a bay, when the the driver begins the trip I want the car to activate a flash light on itself but I cannot find the plugin command for it?

FinnGuy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to set an event to not be effected by the shadow/light?

Dermir

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I was trying to set 2 light events in a Cave map. One for the entrance and one for the exit.
With both Terrax_Lighting and Community_Ligting the first one works, but the second appears on the upper-left corner of the map.
1652009462321.png
1652009545067.png
1652009708126.png

I noticed that if I move the "exit" event closer to the "entrance" event, it works fine. Could it be because the map is pretty big (60x60)?

Thank you in advance for the help

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First sorry for the waiting, for some reason I didn't received any notification from the thread anymore.

Hi fellas. I wanted to make a Taxi event that currently produces a small light (indicating it's a taxi that's available for transport) parking on a bay, when the the driver begins the trip I want the car to activate a flash light on itself but I cannot find the plugin command for it?

You should be able to achieve that by using different pages for the taxi, and giving each page a different lighting.

Is there a way to set an event to not be effected by the shadow/light?

You can do it with region and tileset (using region or tile block), but not for an event.

Hi!
I was trying to set 2 light events in a Cave map. One for the entrance and one for the exit.
With both Terrax_Lighting and Community_Ligting the first one works, but the second appears on the upper-left corner of the map.
View attachment 225573
View attachment 225574
View attachment 225575

I noticed that if I move the "exit" event closer to the "entrance" event, it works fine. Could it be because the map is pretty big (60x60)?

Thank you in advance for the help

May be your map has a X scrolling (= you can go to the left of the map from the right side of the map)?

Dermir

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Alexandre! I checked and no, there is no x scrolling on the map
It really seems that the size of the map is causing the issue, cause with a smaller map the issue doesn't occur.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Alexandre! I checked and no, there is no x scrolling on the map
It really seems that the size of the map is causing the issue, cause with a smaller map the issue doesn't occur.

I wasn't able to replicate the issue on a big map; could post somewhere a copy of the json of your map so I can understand what's wrong?

EDIT: Ok, I found it; your event 'Use lights' is teleporting your light source away.

◆Déplacer un évènement:Light OC2 (Attendre)
: :◇Script:this.jumpToPoint (0, 0)

Last edited:

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
First sorry for the waiting, for some reason I didn't received any notification from the thread anymore.

You should be able to achieve that by using different pages for the taxi, and giving each page a different lighting.

You can do it with region and tileset (using region or tile block), but not for an event.

May be your map has a X scrolling (= you can go to the left of the map from the right side of the map)?
Unfortunately I have alot of branching conditions that have different pathways, I was hoping I could get the same desired results on a singular page.

I feel like there should be a plugin command for an event [self] included for the flash light.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Happy treason day, Colonial friends <3

I am officially amused. One of the NPCs in my project is basically meant as the guy you check in with to point you where you should go next, including if you’ve been away for a bit and have forgotten.

I can conclusively say he does his job nicely. I was out of town over the weekend. I had forgotten what I was working on, so I checked what I had last done with him for a reminder. ^.^
While talking about anime with a friend got the idea of doing this. :kaopride:
4m6nhlF.jpg

Character: Mirajane Strauss from Fairy Tail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrewMimo