pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm wondering if this will be more powerful than Shora's plugin. I've set up a bunch of lights, and if I switch, I'd want it to be for good reason.

zerobeat032

Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a SLIGHT issue. everything works perfectly except I can't get the battle tints to work unless I use a plugin command. I dunno if that's supposed to be the case? I do know that whenever the player get's an advantage or surprise, because of it tinting with commands, it doesn't tint until after the message. even with the messages off, it still take a brief second to tint. are tints supposed to work automatically with the parameter? because it's not on my end...

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Alexandre
@Aesica

Hello Guys.I have a very strange fact to report to you. I will attach at the bottom, two video captures.

I have noticed that a few times, when I start the game in test mode, when I move the character, the screen flicker.

It doesn't always happen. If you open the Test_1 file you will see that the game goes smoothly at the beginning.
Then I try to restart it continuously with F5 and it always continues smoothly.
From a certain point it starts to flicker around 0:35 or 2:30.

In the meantime, if you see, I also try to close nwjs completely and start it again.

It doesn't always do that. It only happens sometimes.

There was a time when I was testing the light radius to turn lights on or off remotely. In that test, the game started snapping, then I walked away a bit and the light went out. At that moment the game settled down. Very strange... (Second link, called Strange Test)

There is definitely something wrong ...: / Something that makes him start badly or bothers him.

In this case I have only active Yanfly core and the Lightning community.

Test_1 https://mega.nz/file/gN4gDDjQ#sWx8VcqGaESeAi-g_saGFY1pYlX6xbyTF1bvHbdn6ZU

Strange Test https://mega.nz/file/8R4wHSQT#xVuuZ1VZP0nJ_ssiK95QC-jwRxjidYdG413BgC77yks

NB: I'm using the latest version of NWJS: v0.60.0

I tried both SDK version (Test) and deployed game (pure nwjs). Same result. Sometimes happens, sometimes not.

Last edited:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I am trying to download the MV demo but whenever I click on the MV I cannot see a download button.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded the MV demo, and this definitely looks like a system I'd love to use. However; where is the light file pulling from? Do we have the option to make/use our own? In other lighting systems I've used, there's a file saved under "pictures." Just curious if we're able to use our own?

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I downloaded the MV demo, and this definitely looks like a system I'd love to use. However; where is the light file pulling from? Do we have the option to make/use our own? In other lighting systems I've used, there's a file saved under "pictures." Just curious if we're able to use our own?

I don't wanna say a wrong thing, but no. It's all made with the plugin. There is no images.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a SLIGHT issue. everything works perfectly except I can't get the battle tints to work unless I use a plugin command. I dunno if that's supposed to be the case? I do know that whenever the player get's an advantage or surprise, because of it tinting with commands, it doesn't tint until after the message. even with the messages off, it still take a brief second to tint. are tints supposed to work automatically with the parameter? because it's not on my end...
They do work automatically (at least do in my experience) based on the tint used on the current map. Note that some battle plugins that affect battlebacks/layers/etc might have conflicts, given how awfully done the whole battleback system was done in the RM base code.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you both for that. Going to give this a try :)

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately I have alot of branching conditions that have different pathways, I was hoping I could get the same desired results on a singular page.

I feel like there should be a plugin command for an event [self] included for the flash light.

It probably means your event need some refactoring; if you are driving, you probably need to be in autorun, no?

I'm wondering if this will be more powerful than Shora's plugin. I've set up a bunch of lights, and if I switch, I'd want it to be for good reason.

I never tested other lighting plugin, but I assume they do their job as good as this one.

Did you set the 'Battle tinting' to true?

@Alexandre
@Aesica

Hello Guys.I have a very strange fact to report to you. I will attach at the bottom, two video captures.

I have noticed that a few times, when I start the game in test mode, when I move the character, the screen flicker.

It doesn't always happen. If you open the Test_1 file you will see that the game goes smoothly at the beginning.
Then I try to restart it continuously with F5 and it always continues smoothly.
From a certain point it starts to flicker around 0:35 or 2:30.

In the meantime, if you see, I also try to close nwjs completely and start it again.

It doesn't always do that. It only happens sometimes.

There was a time when I was testing the light radius to turn lights on or off remotely. In that test, the game started snapping, then I walked away a bit and the light went out. At that moment the game settled down. Very strange... (Second link, called Strange Test)

There is definitely something wrong ...: / Something that makes him start badly or bothers him.

In this case I have only active Yanfly core and the Lightning community.

Test_1 https://mega.nz/file/gN4gDDjQ#sWx8VcqGaESeAi-g_saGFY1pYlX6xbyTF1bvHbdn6ZU

Strange Test https://mega.nz/file/8R4wHSQT#xVuuZ1VZP0nJ_ssiK95QC-jwRxjidYdG413BgC77yks

NB: I'm using the latest version of NWJS: v0.60.0

I tried both SDK version (Test) and deployed game (pure nwjs). Same result. Sometimes happens, sometimes not.

I will look at this during this ascension weekend.

As DarkSearinox92 said, there is no image, the light are bitmap created with code.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Alexandre However i saw that some improvements and new addon made on the MV plugin, are not reflected into MZ plugin.

Under General Settings, on MZ, miss:

- Daynight Cycle
- Use Smoother Lights

Under Daynight settings miss:

- No autoshadow during night

Also, now the script should be 4.4, but on the plugin you will see 4.3

1653508725746.png

Now, i have the doubt that there is something wrong...

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey ive been trying to figure this out for ages. Im using Ultra mode 7 with this Script, and its giving me the same issue i had when i was using KhasUltraLighting a long while back. When i try to use the Region blocking for the lights it overlays it onto my screen. Region 1 is the blocking. But ingame it looks like so. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image_2022-05-26_040935609.png
    image_2022-05-26_040935609.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image_2022-05-26_040950416.png
    image_2022-05-26_040950416.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 8

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@Alexandre However i saw that some improvements and new addon made on the MV plugin, are not reflected into MZ plugin.

Under General Settings, on MZ, miss:

- Daynight Cycle
- Use Smoother Lights

Under Daynight settings miss:

- No autoshadow during night

Also, now the script should be 4.4, but on the plugin you will see 4.3

View attachment 227291

Now, i have the doubt that there is something wrong...

The last version for MZ should be 4.6. I will make sure it is the one online and that it has all features you mentioned. EDIT: There will not be smoother light from my part as it was added on MV by someone else.

Hey ive been trying to figure this out for ages. Im using Ultra mode 7 with this Script, and its giving me the same issue i had when i was using KhasUltraLighting a long while back. When i try to use the Region blocking for the lights it overlays it onto my screen. Region 1 is the blocking. But ingame it looks like so. Any ideas?

I don't use Ultra mode 7, so I can't exactly help you with this. Regionblock assumes a normal square map, I assume Ultra mode 7 break this rule.

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
The last version for MZ should be 4.6. I will make sure it is the one online and that it has all features you mentioned. EDIT: There will not be smoother light from my part as it was added on MV by someone else.

Strange... you can see it directly in the main page:

1653570231036.png

KitteyWolf

FriendlyFur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit: i just realised i'm an idiot and didnt notice the option!! i am still interesting in the other things in this message though

Is there a way to change how dark the screen goes when you have no lights on a map?
terrax lighting used to only tint the screen when there was an active light source.

also- what is the absolute lightest the screen can be while still showing the colored lights faintly. i want my indoor/day times to not be tinted but still show if there is colored lighting.

Last edited:

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
edit: i just realised i'm an idiot and didnt notice the option!! i am still interesting in the other things in this message though

Is there a way to change how dark the screen goes when you have no lights on a map?
terrax lighting used to only tint the screen when there was an active light source.

also- what is the absolute lightest the screen can be while still showing the colored lights faintly. i want my indoor/day times to not be tinted but still show if there is colored lighting.

You can't have both full light during day and colored lighting. Like in real life, the colored lights will fade away. So you need to choose a tinting who is less luminous that the colors you want to show up (may be something like #AAAAAA?). Or choose another plugin, as terraxlighting isn't made for lighting during the day.

KitteyWolf

FriendlyFur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't have both full light during day and colored lighting. Like in real life, the colored lights will fade away. So you need to choose a tinting who is less luminous that the colors you want to show up (may be something like #AAAAAA?). Or choose another plugin, as terraxlighting isn't made for lighting during the day.
I figured it would always need to be at least partially tinted- thats why i asked what the lightest tint you can get. I'll check out #AAAAAA and see if it works for me :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

NUMINA Part 1 is finally out ✨ Get it now with a 10% launch discount!
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochar