limsoonchiong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi experts. I have dark background and player has flashlight switched ON. I have Battle Tint set to TRUE. During battle, it's all dark. Is there suppose to be light radius or "glow" on the player during battle? To simulate he/she is using flashlight?

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi experts. I have dark background and player has flashlight switched ON. I have Battle Tint set to TRUE. During battle, it's all dark. Is there suppose to be light radius or "glow" on the player during battle? To simulate he/she is using flashlight?

The battle screen use the room coloration, it doesn't take into account whatever lighting the heroes have. They don't appear in battle. If you want to make something like that, your best bet is to use regular animations.

limsoonchiong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The battle screen use the room coloration, it doesn't take into account whatever lighting the heroes have. They don't appear in battle. If you want to make something like that, your best bet is to use regular animations.
Thanks. I'll have to explore some animations then.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi guys, is there anyway to use the D Switch to kill light with no id?

I've made a lot of torches on a lot of maps, and I've been adding more and more ids for them, and sometimes I forget what the last id I added was and where.

I would like to turn on/off lights using scripts to change the self switch and forget about to add an id:

JavaScript:
$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([$gameMap._mapId,this._eventId,'D'],false);

But it seems that the id is mandatory for kill switch to work.

is there anyway to use the D Switch to kill light with no id?

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, is there anyway to use the D Switch to kill light with no id?

I've made a lot of torches on a lot of maps, and I've been adding more and more ids for them, and sometimes I forget what the last id I added was and where.

I would like to turn on/off lights using scripts to change the self switch and forget about to add an id:

JavaScript:
$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([$gameMap._mapId,this._eventId,'D'],false);

But it seems that the id is mandatory for kill switch to work.

is there anyway to use the D Switch to kill light with no id?
Just set the kill switch parameter to 'D'... Did I missed something?

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for answering, I can do it that way, but "Kill Switch Auto" doesn't work with no id, I mean this number:
1655570695071.png

It seems that "Kill Switch Auto" needs an id to work:
1655570857812.png

So If I have 2 events using the same id:
  • If I use "Light on" command, both are turned ON
  • If I turn OFF Self switch D, the light doesn't turn on because the other event Self switch still ON.

Last edited:

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An event without an id has by default its light on and its killswitch off.
An event without an id will turn its light off if the kill switch is activated.
An event with an id will have by default its light off and its killswitch on. If you use the 'light 1 on' command, it will show the light and turn the kill switch off.
The id has priority over the killswitch, as we expect lights with the same id to synchronize with each other.
If you want to be able to switch off a light independently of the other one, then it shouldn't have an id and should use its killswitch instead.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I see, then, how can I solve this torches problem?

THE PROBLEM: the torches should be turned off by default and the player should turn them on touching them

I tested all these scenarios:

a) Without using id, makes all the torches ON by default, no matter if KillSwitchAuto is ON or OFF, so I need to use ids.
b) Using ids and having KillSwitchAuto=FALSE, makes all the torches to show the first event page and there is no light, so, this way doesn't work.
1655688771772.png
c) Using id and having KillSwitchAuto=TRUE solves the problem, it shows the second event page and light is turned off, which is perfect.
1655688898331.png
But if I change Kill Switch to OFF, it turns back to ON again, because the priority.
1655689018828.png
d) Stop using Kill Switch, using "Light on" command works, it turns on the light and show the first event page.
1655689117225.png

This is the method I has been using (d) and it is a pain to write 200 notetag ids and 400 plugin commands to turns them ON or OFF, it is an extra problem if I forget what was the last id I used or where it is.

So, I was asking if there is a way to avoid using these ids and use the Kill switch only...

------------------------------

An extra option I think should work (not tested)

e) Don't use id and make a script to set KillSwitch to ON for all the torches.

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see, then, how can I solve this torches problem?

THE PROBLEM: the torches should be turned off by default and the player should turn them on touching them

I tested all these scenarios:

a) Without using id, makes all the torches ON by default, no matter if KillSwitchAuto is ON or OFF, so I need to use ids.
b) Using ids and having KillSwitchAuto=FALSE, makes all the torches to show the first event page and there is no light, so, this way doesn't work.
View attachment 229833
c) Using id and having KillSwitchAuto=TRUE solves the problem, it shows the second event page and light is turned off, which is perfect.
View attachment 229834
But if I change Kill Switch to OFF, it turns back to ON again, because the priority.
View attachment 229835
d) Stop using Kill Switch, using "Light on" command works, it turns on the light and show the first event page.
View attachment 229836

This is the method I has been using (d) and it is a pain to write 200 notetag ids and 400 plugin commands to turns them ON or OFF, it is an extra problem if I forget what was the last id I used or where it is.

So, I was asking if there is a way to avoid using these ids and use the Kill switch only...

------------------------------

An extra option I think should work (not tested)

e) Don't use id and make a script to set KillSwitch to ON for all the torches.

Just use option A, and either set the kill switch to ON with a parallel process, or limit the light to a certain page of your event (put the <light...> notetag in a comment at the top of the relevant page, rather than putting it in the event comment)

Last edited:

beesbeesbees

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Found the solution. Using "Tint set #333333" by itself as a plugin command can act to replace the map tint note.
What command is used to override a map's tint. I have a map with a note
<cl: Tint set #333333> but there are times I want to turn the lights on in that room. How do I change the tint set with an event?

I have found what might be a bug or at least an unusual interaction. When the screen is tinted to black I can't see any of the lights (good), but when I turn on a weather effect, in this case rain, the lights all become visible even though the screen is still tinted black.

Last edited:

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just use option A, and either set the kill switch to ON with a parallel process, or limit the light to a certain page of your event (put the <light...> notetag in a comment at the top of the relevant page, rather than putting it in the event comment)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know I can use comments!

Thank you so much for telling me about this!

WickBRSTM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Tint fade c s plugin command doesn't seem to work for me, is anyone else having this problem?

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Tint fade c s plugin command doesn't seem to work for me, is anyone else having this problem?
Not really, could you show the whole context of your plugin command?

WickBRSTM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really, could you show the whole context of your plugin command?
If I were to do something like, say, this...
1656875090153.png
The first command works fine, but the second does not.

WickBRSTM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Giving lights IDs seems to make them stop working when they work fine in the demo, does anyone know why this could happen?

Edit: Guess I got it to work, it seems that the engine doesn't like lights having both offsets and an ID though. Wish I could figure out why.

Last edited:

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I were to do something like, say, this...
View attachment 233734
The first command works fine, but the second does not.

Actually, you were right, it can happen in some weird edge case; I will be working on a fix soon.

Giving lights IDs seems to make them stop working when they work fine in the demo, does anyone know why this could happen?

Edit: Guess I got it to work, it seems that the engine doesn't like lights having both offsets and an ID though. Wish I could figure out why.

You can have both if they are in the correct order. Remember offsets require an initial 'x' or a 'y'.

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is there a chance that we will ever be able to use images as light masks/images as lights? Can I officially request it??

All said, thanks for this plugin and all the hard work that's been put into it!

Last edited:

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Currently i'm just using this plugin for light effects as my game's setting is based in a low photosynthesis city. I currently have weather conditions made on common events activated by switches and was wondering if I am able to somehow tie in random weather to times of the day with this plugin?

Is this possible?

Hamoody

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For some reason when I do a transfer event with no fade-out, a small window appears in the top right of the screen for a quick second before disappearing. I tried disabling all plugins except for community lightning and same result :rswt

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For some reason when I do a transfer event with no fade-out, a small window appears in the top right of the screen for a quick second before disappearing. I tried disabling all plugins except for community lightning and same result :rswt
I've found the same thing on my end :c

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...
How awesome is that?! Just in love with those eyes!!
Made by @Kato-A !
Hakuen double size_Kato.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alerxuwu