RMMV Community Lighting MV & MZ

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I have finally found an elegant way of doing what the original did really poorly.

Right now, if a conditional light is on but a specific event with this conditional light
has also its killswitch on, the lightswitch as I call it will also be activated despite the light not showing.
Do you think it is logic from a random someone point of view?

To illustrate what I said, let's imagine my killswitch is C and my conditional light switch is D.
I have a torch event who doesn't show any flame if D is off. It has the notetag 'Fire 300 #FFCC00 1'.
I use the 'Light on 1' plugin command to activate the light source. The flames now appear.
I now activate the self-switch C. The light now disappear but the event still show the flames graphic.
Does it sound logical? Or should the lightswitch also check for the killswitch? (Both are equally easy to implement, it is just a question of ordering).

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might even be simpler than that. As in, my approach would be to have the on switch and the kill switch be the same switch. So if D is your kill switch, using the on command would turn off switch D, turning the light on. Two different switches to turn lights on and off is kind of silly and unnecessarily complex, imo.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It might even be simpler than that. As in, my approach would be to have the on switch and the kill switch be the same switch. So if D is your kill switch, using the on command would turn off switch D, turning the light on. Two different switches to turn lights on and off is kind of silly and unnecessarily complex, imo.
Way more simpler and less confusing, indeed.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Here it is. Now, conditional light set the killswitch to ON/OFF if the lightsource is deactivate/activate.

I also corrected a little bug in the day night setting:
JavaScript:
let mapnote = getTag.call($dataMap).toLowerCase();
The 'getTag.call($dataMap)' call may return undefined if $datamap is not set
(the only case I can think of is when going to map 0). I will admit it is a very edge case.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could be a plugin parameter, it would make more sense there. Also, sorry for the double post.

Attachments

Last edited:

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a sample or something that we can use to understand how this plugin works? I'm used to notetags in events (heavy user of Yanfly plugins here) but I just can't wrap my mind around how this one works.

I just want a semi-dark room and a few flickering torches. All I get is a fully lit bright room, no darkness and no light.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a sample or something that we can use to understand how this plugin works? I'm used to notetags in events (heavy user of Yanfly plugins here) but I just can't wrap my mind around how this one works.

I just want a semi-dark room and a few flickering torches. All I get is a fully lit bright room, no darkness and no light.
Oh, yeah one weird quirk with the plugin is you have to have at least one light source in a room before tints are applied. I usually just make an event in the upper left corner with <cl: light 0 #000000>. But yeah, a sample project is a good idea. I'll throw one together when I get a moment.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Moon_Haven This plugin introduces an additional layer that is used to create the effect of darkness and light sources.

You need to configure this layer before you can see any of the lights you created.

In your case, it seems fairly simple to do.

Use the plugin command Tint set X
Replace X with a color in #ffffff format (Hex color)

For example, use the plugin command
Tint set #2e2e2e
this will create a dark, but not pitch black darkness

then you just need to put the light notetags into the events notebox
like this for example:
<CL: Light 250 #FFFFFF B30>

If you are not familiar with the hex color system, just put #ffffff into google and then you can select any color you want.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Here is a version with the killswitch synchronization being an option.
I think it is better this way, I can imagine people not being aware of it
and encountering problems because of that.

Attachments

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've been throwing together a sample project to show off the various features, and...did one of us break the player flashlight? :D Because I can't get it to work no matter what, even though event flashlights are working fine.

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So I've been throwing together a sample project to show off the various features, and...did one of us break the player flashlight? :D Because I can't get it to work no matter what, even though event flashlights are working fine.
I didn't played with the flashlight or the player lighting, no.
I remember it was functional in Terrax's demo, so may be there was a mess up with the plugin commands?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Turns out player flashlights work after all, but there's an odd quirk where disabling the player's light source via light radius 0 #000000 prevents the flashlight from showing entirely until you set the player light source to something else. light radius 5 #ffffff for example. Anyway here's a sloppy demo project using CommunityLighting v1.023 that (hopefully) showcases most of what the plugin can do. Let me know if I broke anything when I tried slimming down the assets. It's still 100ish 60 mb though. :(

CommunityLighting Demo:

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Resident of Silent Hill... Apparently
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And thus the Oak Island of plugin reveals yet another weird quirk, interesting. Also nice on the demo I'll check it out. Should make testing stuff way easier... So I have less excuse to pretend to be too busy to mess with it. :LZSexcite:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Regarding the demo, if you downloaded it before this post, download it again. I pruned it down to about 60mb and forgot to update the title theme, so it locks up because it can't find the title music. The current version fixes that issue.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh, I had no problems with that demo. Anyway... I will immediately fix that silly compatibility issue it has. So it should no longer care about plugin order (and still work with Mog Character Particles). I couldn't find any errors when testing the change with the demo, so it should be good.

Attachments

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
This demo project is quite a nice start.

Capture.PNG

I very liked the tutorial about filtering all colors but red/blue/green with region block,
I never thought using it in such way.

When I have some free time, I will consider adding some extra tutorials inspired by Terrax's old demo,
like one about conditional lights.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first post has been updated to include the demo and all of the changes up to 1.023 right before the one I did (since it's not verified by anybody else).

@Aesica I uploaded the demo to Media Fire so it wouldn't potentially overload your Google Drive's bandwidth.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, this demo is actually extremely nice.
It really shows what you can do with this system.
Also, love the humor in the demo.

Great Job!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't even know I had a bandwidth limit on google drive. Too bad, because I'm kind of fileshare-site-phobic (so many seem to use borderline-virus-tier ads). That said, yeah by all means add to it, I just kind of slopped it together and probably spent more time pruning out the unneeded RTP assets to make it smaller than actually setting up the stuff.

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, they don't really state anyway exactly what it is... But it's some combination of too many users accessing it and/or too much bandwidth. Plenty of sights talking about how to bypass it though. Still it locks your account down for 24 hours if you hit it.

As for sharing sites, I've never really had problems with Mediafire. Typically speaking I also just don't click on ads either... And by don't click I mean I just block them, like all of them. Sites look super clean to me. :LZSwink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.
We start in 5 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrtylerlarson