Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi guys!

Because of the overwhelming majority voting for the RTP, I have created a new poll to determine your needs.

Which style do you personally use in your projects? We like to make sure we're giving the community something they can use and enjoy!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Psssst.... XP has no faces ;3

There are only several fan made styled for it, like Ruruga, Pawnsoldier or Naramura.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I wrote the XP as faces because some people use the battlers as faces too. 'w')b

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The faces question was pretty tough. I like MV and Ace style just as much. :/ But for battlers definitely MV, for everything else XP :)

PandaMaru

little red panda
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Question for Ace-style-faces: Busts, RTP-faces or generator-pieces? I vote for MV because the Ace generator faces are uuuuuggglllyyy >__< but the normal RTP-Faces look good.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Heh, MV wins all of these :p

The MV RTP really is in a league of it's own, it's just... amazing :rhappy:

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I like both VX Ace and MV's styles.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love the MV faces and RTP the best (sci-fi yay!), but prefer the Ace battlers. Guess I'm not in the majority ;D

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Am I the only one who liked the 2000/2003 face style?  Everything is too chibi these days<.<

MV RTP

2000/2003 Faces

MV Battlers

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker 2000 is way superior when it comes to RTP and faces, but that's just my opinion, lol. :) Enemy battlers I don't have much of a preference for, I kind of like them all. Obviously MV has the highest resolution art, so I guess that's a thing.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For favourite RTP I voted XP, since I wasn't sure which of the categories it encompassed. Assuming character sprites, I liked the XP look the most. I'm not a fan of chibis personally. Though for tiles and battlebacks, I'd pick MV.

For favourite face style, tricky to pick, but decided to go with VX/VXAce.

For favourite battler style, MV. Most of those remind me of Thalzon's battlers a lot.

SwarleyPilgrim

Internet Billionaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had to vote for VX for all three categories. It was the first maker that I used, and it was the one I've seen the most. I've grown so attached to the styles and formats. MV does look great though, I'm excited to do more with it!

astra_not

not astra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I use VX Ace sprites and battlers, and make my own faces.

I very much dislike MV's large-headed characters, so I'll be sticking with VXA for a while. 

I really like the style of 2000's faces, and I was sad that they changed them for 2003. Cute anime style is generally my preference.

I loved 2003's animated battlers. I wish I could use them in VXA. I was disappointed in the battlers for MV, due to the previously mentioned large heads. I mean, I like chibi and everything, but those heads are waaaaay too big.

VX Ace character sprites, with 2000 style faces, and 2003 animated battlers would be my ideal.

ThatMaestroGuy

You are lovely~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The faces for MV (from what I've seen, since I still don't own it) are super cool. I like MV's face generator over VX ACE's (tremendously so). But VX ACE's RTP hits all the right visual spots for me. I prefer the RTP characters greatly over MV's (their heads are far too large for my tastes), but I DO like MV's ability to change from front-view battles to side-view battles with the click of a button. =D

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I love the MV faces and RTP the best (sci-fi yay!), but prefer the Ace battlers. Guess I'm not in the majority ;D

I actually agree with this.  The battlers were better in Ace.  I don't like the cartoonish style of MV, but Ace also at least had battlers of different styles...something for everyone.  MV's is only one style, and if you don't like that style, you had to procure your own assets.

MV's faces are better, but the sprites were also better in Ace...MV's have the heads way too big for the bodies.   

Mihel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
RTP: I'd go with VX/Ace painted style. It's easier to edit, has a better colour palette and with the exception of some squareness in some terrain tiles it looks better overall. MV is a close second, but the weird mix of painted with jagged edges detracts from it a little. XP's RTP was really nice in that it had much variety but it looked very washed down. Terrible colour palette.

Faces: MV hands down. VX/Ace's were nice too though. XP didn't have faces. 2k/3's looked very cartoony, like some cheap anime.

Battlers: MV's and VX/Ace.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I should've chosen XP RTP for tiles and such. I liked them. The color palette and bazillion colors do suck though. It gives me an idea - what if someone eventually edited the XP RTP to have a much better palette. That would be awesome.

For faces I picked Ace because they're easier to edit (for me). And battlers, I have no preference really. XD

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VXAce is my favorite.

Never used 2000 or XP too much.  Personally, MV is a little too cutesy for me, but it does have its charm.  I've always been a huge fan of the somewhat realistic anime style VXAce went for.

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
damn wish i read through the messages before voting, i thought it was including generators, But since its just talking rtp i really liked 2000/2003, Its the style I grew up on, but voted on MV as i thought it was on about generator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why you do this? Now I have to buy the new RPG Maker xD
I've always dreaded planning for my games so I just didn't plan at all. That... didn't work out after all. :kaosigh:
Turns out it can be kind of fun if you keep the scope small and don't take it way too seriously.
well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...
What I would give to actually get some feedback on my game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sayb