Community Spotlight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zack, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Zack

Zack Perverted King of Demons Veteran

Right behind you; breathing down your neck.
    First Language:
    English
    Do you know how sad it is when you see a really phenomenal game, but it never gets popular because it's hard to find under the 

piles and piles of all the other stuff? I thought it would be a really good idea to add a new portal in the homepage called "Community Spotlight" that only admins can edit, and every week, a new game from RPGmaker web would get a feature page. This would really be helpful for lesser-known talented developers who have trouble getting the word out, and motivate them to keep working on their excellent games. Just a suggestion, but I really think it would be a good idea.

2. BillyRay

BillyRay Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Or maybe have a master list like they do with the scripts. I haven't tried out any games yet, but I should to see what all's possible.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    On this site's blog (the official one, not the user blogs) there already have been several game reviews - that's probably close to your idea...

4. Zack

First Language:
    English
    True, but a game is only review every month at best if even that. I was mostly suggesting a "Hey, check this out!" kind of thing, not a full-blown review.

5. sabao

sabao Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A featured game a month would do more for that game than say, a spotlight that changed every other day. Also, a month in between featured games give the staff more than enough time to try out and screen more projects for consideration than they would if it were done on a more frequent basis.

The website does seem to provide community reviews of games often, but they're poorly positioned. If the community were to have a serious game spotlight, it'd be great if the project thread/review were on top of the front page, or something where more people are likely to see them.

Personally, I like RMN's system. Browsing for games, developer updates and community reviews is a lot easier.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  6. Zack

First Language:
    English
    I wasn't suggesting something that changed every other day, I was suggesting a one week window for a game. I probably should've explained this better from the start, but this would only be one paragraph that basically summarizes what the game stands for. It would display one screenshot, and a link to the project itself. The portal would be located near the top of the homepage. In most cases, and admin or moderator wouldn't even have to play the game. The way I choose a game is to weigh up graphics, story, and originality, and usually all I have to do is look at the topic page.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013