Community Survey: what type of assets would you like to see more often?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MushroomCake28, Apr 14, 2019.

?

Which type of assets would you like to see more in stores?

1. Tilesets

24 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Character Generator parts

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Other Graphic Assets

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. Music Pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other Audio Assets

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Others (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    More *complete* tilesets. I'm tired of partial packs that only work in one region. I'd like to see more tilesets that support all of grass/desert/snow/ice/lava/caves, and not just part of them.

PS: I almost typed that as dessert. Though a dessert themed tileset might be nice too :)

2. Ninjakillzu

Ninjakillzu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm making a game in that setting, and I'm using tilesets that mix the futuristic and zombie tiles, along with some custom assets. You really have to scour the Internet in order to build a tileset with the right look. I wish I could show you a few screenshots, but my computer is unavailable right now (it's in a repair shop).

atoms and Uzuki like this.
  3. VitaliaDi

VitaliaDi Jedi Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really like old setting, I think more traditional ancient culture tilesets would be awesome to see: Arabian, Egyptian, Aztec, etc. It's easy to find Japanese and English type fantasy assets but anything else is more obscure.
    I'm really cheap so I'd probably pay $1-10 max depending on the size of the package. Though I prefer $5 and under.

Finnuval and atoms like this.
  4. Ryisunique

Ryisunique Detective, AUEI Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm just realizing that I need more icon types. The RTP is good for the medieval and fantasy fighter, but I don't have the ability to recreate a glock 22 on that tiny of a scale. That and I don't think the style fits some of the tilesets for purchase.

Something that would work for modern set games, or futuristic ones.

Wavelength and atoms like this.
  5. HayateKung

HayateKung Villager Member

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd really love to see tilesets inspired by real places in the world and that is more realistic.

atoms likes this.
  6. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To be honest I'm not really sure, but I liked every suggestion here! If we are talking about MV, I guess I'd like more RTP tilesets with more detail tiles to add onto the default tiles, as well as new tiles entirely such as more other culture styles, suggested here a few times, and maybe some more robot charsets in default MV's RTP format. (I know the coverart characters provides two).

For MV, again, I'd also love to see what other tilesets FSM could do, seperately and too!

Again for MV, maybe RTP iconsets that show cooked meals that fit with the ingredients already there? I.e. Fish dishes for a quick example.

If we are talking about other engines, well there seem to be way more than enough tileset resources for VX & VX Ace, 2000/2003, and I'm unsure if XP really has the same amount. But probably more culture tiles are still useful for those engine resources too.

More music packs and sound packs, that are compatible for all engines, also sound nice. If we have more different cultures theme tiles, music packs and sound packs that go with them would be good.

I know I thought of a lot of other good suggestions in the survey, but I can't think of them now.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  7. richter_h

richter_h Eh? Sweetroll? Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Definitely, I would like to have more animation/VFX stuff in the store as well as more decent SFX stuff. I know I could just dive into freesound.org for my SFX needs, but if there's anyone who willing to make and compile some SFXs into a single bundle tailored for RPG Maker needs, I would more than appreciate that.

Also, more tilesets that comply with RTP is very much welcomed.

atoms likes this.
  8. woootbm

woootbm Super Sand Legend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I said this in another thread, but more battlers that are close to the default art style (Ex: Tyler Warren's stuff). And, in particular, humanoid enemies and non-boss enemies. Just about every battler pack I've seen is either too different from the default art style, too focused on weird or just non-humanoid enemies, has character designs that are just too complicated (so they look like a boss or special character) or a combination of any or all three of those things.

I guess I get that maybe other dev's don't have the same amount of interest in humanoid enemies, but c'mon! What about those other issues?

atoms likes this.
  9. L.W. Flouisa

L.W. Flouisa NumeroHex Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I want ahead and put other graphics, although really certain graphics blur the line between characters and tiles, such as larger impermanent assets like Gallows and Guillotines.

I want a guillotine that actually works, and not just an RPG Maker 3 stage prop. There is one from RPG Maker XP, but I'd really have one custom fit for RPG Maker MV, not try to change something to fit a new tile size.

Preferably an historically accurate model, not the "missing upper stock" or implausibly large blade Hollywood shenanigans.

atoms and MushroomCake28 like this.
  10. animesock52

animesock52 Sock Witch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    There are assets I want and then there are ones I want to make. I draw, so most graphic stuff I wouldn't buy, but would make myself instead.
    I want some generic voices/ voice sounds. I think in the VNmaker section of the store there are some female voices. I would like something like that, but English, and some guy voices would be wonderful.
    Examples
    "Oh!"
    "Ah"
    "Hm"
    "Tsk"
    So, something basic to kind of add to a conversation scene.
    Or some kind of sound effects pack that can be used in conversational situations. I mean I know I've played games that had shock sounds and some sound that happens when you see a sweat drop.

11. Elliott404

Elliott404 NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tbh, I wish there were more worldmap tilesets. . .

Marquise* and D.L. Yomegami like this.
  12. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Elliott404 Don't we all! Biggest single gap for tile sets.

13. Elliott404

Elliott404 NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes
    Yea. I've seen many use other resources for drawing world maps but, never have I seen a world map tiles in any asset shops. That should've been as important part as the rest of the maps.

14. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

I like the classic fantasy monster packs that recently came out, but I just feel that their style isn't quite compatible with the RTP battlers. I'd really like an expansion of battlers in the same style as the RTP, to give more variety of monsters without feeling like the graphic style is inconsistent. Based on history though I guess this is unlikely - I'm assuming that it's too difficult or time consuming for a freelance artist to create battlers in the same style as the RTP, and that enterbrain rather have their artists focus on other projects.