RadioactiveArcade

Nigel G, Creature Savant
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to add a feature in my game where your companions, and even select npcs, will say things in speech bubbles without being prompted by the player. This plugin is visually ideal, however, I do not want it to pause gameplay. It's difficult to google this niche request, would anyone happen to know a similar existing plugin?

Here are some examples of what I'm aiming for:

Darkest Dungeon
yHhR0Ka.png

anrvCiw.png

Dragon Age: Inquisiton

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Gab window plugin can open a text window with face sets without pausing the game like a normal message window does.

You can combine this with a parallel process common event that sets up the gabs at random times and call them randomly as well.

RadioactiveArcade

Nigel G, Creature Savant
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Gab window plugin can open a text window with face sets without pausing the game like a normal message window does.

You can combine this with a parallel process common event that sets up the gabs at random times and call them randomly as well.
Amazing, thanks for you help! I bought the whole yanfly bundle, but it's just so much to look through individually – and I wouldn't have never thought to look for a name such as 'gab window'. :rswt

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Daz3D has the weirdest number scheme for model generations...
Genesis 4 is the 4th generation and oldest currently available, Genesis 1 is the 5th generation, Genesis 2 is the 6th, 3 is the 7th.... And then it goes Genesis 8. So 4, 1, 2, 3, 8. So when looking through there store you have to remember that sometimes they'll say 6 but they mean 3, and vice versa. :kaoswt:
Would opening a topic with the tutorial be interesting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EziliumIshin