pandadodod

Wannabe of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How can I better my main character and villain in this sense?
I picked the theme of companionship( and the lack thereof) as the theme for the plot.

Main Character
Urmelia Winhelm is your average adventurer. Rather than staying at the inn or renting some place. She chooses to be isolated from the populace by living in the forest alone except her three cats. Upon getting back home from some quest, she found out that her pets were gone. I think that subconsciously her need is companionship,but due to past trauma she distance herself from any relationship. However, she is still kind and will respond if talked to puzzling those who know her...they think her personality is mismatched as a loner

Villain

The unnamed sorcerer aims to summon a great being to subdue. For it to succeed, he/she needs the lifeforce of felines as sacrifice. I plan to have his unconscious need to also want companionship even if in a form of an evil familiar. His personality is kind of warped that people distance themselves from his/her

Questions
1. Do my character's fit the theme need for companionship?
2. If not, how can I improve them?
3. How can I highlight their personality in interacting with the NPC's

Thank you very much. Feedback is appreciated
P.S. Done mapping the game, want to polish the characterization as I work on the story and dialogue...

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The game is about companionship, but you spend most/all of the game playing alone?

pandadodod

Wannabe of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Um..no there are Playable characters joining you...

EDIT: These characters are the following
Fara
An obnoxious and does not understands boundaries kind of person. She parties with the main character because she also lost her cat. She kind of forces herself on the MC. I plan to have her subconscious goal to have companions. Unlike the MC, she doesn't distance herself from others but the others are the one distancing from her.

Caleb
A timid magician from the magician's guild offering to join the party. He is sort of the acquaintance of the antagonist. His outer goal is to retrieve the summoning tome stolen by the villain. His inner goal is to have some people to accept him.

Last edited:

Marcial

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, as an idea there could be multiple characters that can join the party but you dont really get along with most, so you must choose the ones that have more chemestry with the protagonist so they get better results overall. You know that we all want company but you cant bond with all people.
And please dont hurt cats on screen ;_;

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is not for feedback on individual, specific games, but on broader issues which affect making games.

This really belongs in 'Ideas and Prototypes'. If you have enough material to satisfy the Guidelines and Rules, you can post a thread there, otherwise post in 'Ideas that don't deserve their own thread'.

I am unable to move this - partly because I don't know which option you want, but mainly because that is a moderated forum.

I am, therefore, closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it wrong to look like a dead fish at all times :)
What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Journey_Sticks