boop the snoot
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version: 1.6.2

Plugins:
YEP Battle Engine Core, MOG Battle Hud (If I could provide a link to that specific plugin, I would; but I can't. The plugins are provided in the demo if it helps. :kaocry:)

Demo: Download Link

I can say that on the bright side, the two plugins at least work together when they're both on. But I noticed something as I was battle testing that I'm concerned will negatively impact the battles in the game.

With Battle Engine Core off, the actor sprites used for Mog's Battle Hud move as the attack animation plays, much like how it behaves in the master demo Mog provides. But with it on, the attack animation doesn't show until after the actor sprites zoom back out. For some reason, disabling the zoom animation in Mog's plugin parameters will also disallow the frames from animating properly. Unsure if this is intentional or not.

Turning off Battle Engine Core will be a problem for me because I want the player to be able to switch party members during the battle, something that Yanfly's Actor Party Switch allows for. But leaving it as is not only feels off, but those extra seconds waiting for the actor sprites to finish animating and then the actual animation will add up ... I can't in good conscience ignore that as a game dev. :rswt

Thank you for reading, I appreciate any and all assistance that can be offered.

NarniNarni

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unless mog and yanfly work together to modify their plugins I don't think you'll be able to do much with them together, you should focus on using either mog's or yanfly's plugins if you want the best results as these plugins come from different developers and aren't necessarily meant to be used in conjunction with eachother.

Last edited:

A-kun

boop the snoot
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unless mog and yanfly work together to modify their plugins I don't think you'll be able to do much with them together, you should either focus on using either mog's or yanfly's plugins if you want the best results as these plugins come from different developers and aren't necessarily meant to be used in conjunction with eachother.
That might be something I'd have to consider, sadly. Thanks for replying so fast! :kaothx:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu
Stomach isn't feeling too good last time. Perhaps something I ate
Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Tyler.stewart wrote on Cherry's profile.
I was wondering if you've heard anything about the patch that allows you to show text anywhere on the screen utilizing pictures being upgraded to work with the official 2k3 release? Your work with 2k3 is awesome dude, keep it alive. I'm 33 and am still playing with 2k3 largely thanks to your work with the game engine. I appreciate the official patch updates you post. Please continue posting
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
creeperQ7