Compatibility issue with Yanfly's Weapon Attack Replace, Vlue's Pets and Summons & Yanfly's Free Turn Battle Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidedflame

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi all, fresh newbie here, Experimenting with all these awesome scripts, trying to create a unique rpg.
While testing I found that three scripts I use, Yanfly's Weapon Attack Replace, Vlue's Pet's and Summon's (Compatibility Version), and lastly (my personal Favorite) Yanfly's Free Turn Battle seem to clash in some way.

Here's my issue. When actor A summons actor B, and actor B kills the enemy and is left with no more Action Points from Yanfly's Free Turn Battle, it crashes the game with an error box stating:

"Script 'Weapon Attack Replace' line 301: NoMethodError occurred.

Undefined method 'actor?' for nil:NilClass"

Line 301 and its neighbors are:

Ruby:
300 def status_redraw_target(target)
301    return unless target.actor?
302    @status_window.draw_item($game_party.battle_members.index(target))
303  end
305end
This is the only way it crashes the game that I've discovered. I've tried re-arranging the scripts, editing the attack (it previously used the Weapon Attack Replace), summoning different actors, but the outcome remains the same, a cold, cold, crash followed by that error. It ONLY happens when the Summoned Actor lands the killing blow on the LAST enemy. I've tested for hours on end to make sure that's correct! My theory is that it tries to check if there's any change in MP or HP as a result of the attack, but the actor is removed at the end of the battle, resulting in the crash, how ever, I have no idea how in the world I would fix that, nor where to even start.

A simple "fix" is to straight up delete "Unless target.actor?" but that brings up graphical errors with the Free Turn Battle Script, resulting in any changes to MP/HP/TP/Stat symbols not being properly shown until the NEXT turn. (Example just in case it doesn't make sense, Actor A, who has 100MP uses a weapon that costs 10 MP, they would use it, but their MP Gauge wouldn't change to show the proper amount (which should be 90MP) until next turn, after the enemy has acted.)

If there's any questions or any other clarifications you need please let me know! This isn't for any serious project, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to make it work!
(Side note, I have all the necessary scripts for Yanflys Free turn battle script. Those being "Ace Core Modifications" and Ace Battle Engine)

Apologies for any newbie Mistakes!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It ONLY happens when the Summoned Actor lands the killing blow on the LAST enemy.
I just threw together those scrpts plus yanfly ace battle engine and there were no issues with the conditions you described.
Summoned actor used last action point, killed last enemy, battle finished.

Sidedflame

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very interesting. I'll hop back in and fiddle around with it. That's probably one of the first things I should have done.
Thanks for letting me know!

Sidedflame

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Figured it out, by bringing it into a fresh project and porting everything over one by one, I found out It was the death state causing the problems. My guess is some script of mine was looking for a state named Death, which I had edited. Thanks for the help Roninator2, I would have deleted the script if you hadnt pointed out that it was working for ya!

Lastly...

How does one close a thread?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmydark