Compatibility issues between Yanfly's ABE and Himeworks' PSE scripts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorRose

Pietro Fattorello
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yanfly's ABE = Ace Battle Engine
Himeworks' PSE = Pre-Skill Events

So after a lot of hard work* and trying to sort this out myself, I come to you for help! I didn't know if this was supposed to be posted here or the scripting help forums. Feel free to move if need be.

*Screaming uncontrollably at my screen and googling this exact same issue only to find two other unsolved threads.

I tried Himeworks' pre-skill effects script to achieve this effect and it worked pretty well on a blank game (with no other scripts)

How it's supposed to look:

It's just a common event showing and moving a picture, and it's supposed to happen before the skill is activated.

However, when I tried it on my actual project, it didn't work at all. I'm 100% sure it's because there's some sort of compatibility issue with Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine... There's no error message, no crash, no freeze, it simply doesn't work. The skill is activated, and then the common event is called afterwards. As if there was no script installed at all.

How it actually looks:

You see how the graphic comes in AFTER the skill is completed? It would be great if anyone had any idea as to why this is.

Here's both scripts:

And just in case it's necessary, the event:

PS: It'd also be grand if anyone figured out how to actually show the picture on top of the status windows like with atelier's Ougi animation script, but that's not my main concern.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you tried reordering the scripts?
can you give us a screenshot of your script manager scrolled so that we can see which other scripts are also installed and in which order?

SailorRose

Pietro Fattorello
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Andar I have, I've tried placing the Himeworks script above and below YEA's scripts but it still won't work.

Here's my scripts so far:

EDIT: Oops, posted a screenshot after I'd already deleted himework's script; but I fixed it and placed it where it was the last time I tried to get it working.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to see the skill information page cause Hime's instructions show what is supposed to be in there and what id the common event is.
Just to cover the bases.
Otherwise try disabling other scripts to see if it will work at some point.
In a test demo yanfly battle and hime pre-skill work fine together for me

SailorRose

Pietro Fattorello
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2 Oh wow, that was it.

So on the skill page himeworks instructed to put "<pre skill event: (ID)>" on the notetag and I did so... But I had it as "<pre-skill>", I changed it to "<pre skill>" and it wasn't working... Now I've changed it to "<pre_skill>" and it's working just fine now.

It worked with '-' on the blank project, though, that's really odd. But yeah, it works now! Can't believe it was so simple.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]RGSSx Script Support[/move]
If this has fully resolved your query, please Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed.
Thanks.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A collab cover of White Wishes with @PixeLockeT!!~

Multiple takes of my recordings ended in this way, I wish I could've done it better, but I still love this!
Just saw an article stating a Back to the FutureXTransformer comic crossover--and Doc Browns car is an Autobot. I am ALL FOR THIS!!
Well I sure didn't know fans could overheat and die. Room fans.
Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julian16