BonnieLass

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've discovered an incompatibility issue while using Hime's Hidden Choice Conditions, their Disabled Choice Conditions, and Yanfly's Extended Message Pack 1. I followed the compatibility instruction shown in the help section of the Hidden Choices plugin and placed that plugin below the others.

My game kept freezing trying to open a choices menu when I had some of the choices disabled and others hidden in the same menu. The game works fine with menus that have hidden choices and menus that have disabled choices, but not menus that have both. So I checked for incompatibilities by creating a new testing project. I went through the various plugin combinations until I managed to recreate the problem using the three plugins mentioned above.

Here is a picture of my plugin manager, the issue in playtesting, and the event setup:
(These are links to imgur posts because I'm having trouble embedding these pictures...)
Playtesting Incompatibility
Plugin Manager
Event Setup

I tried commenting on Hime's website on the Hidden Choice Conditions Page (linked above), but my comment doesn't seem to be going through for some reason.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can try to use Aloe Guvner plugin which works amzing though.

Himes are pretty old and idk if it is updated.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if you're aware, but Yanfly's Extended Message Pack 1 also gives you the ability to disable and hide choices since you're already using it (check out the plugin commands in the help section of the plugin). So it may not be necessary to use Hime's plugins, unless they do much more.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D
So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coffeelake01