RMMV Compatibility patch for Cae_FaceOnRight + Yanfly auto message sizes.

Kaymon145

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I've been looking for a good plugin for displaying faces on the right side of message boxes and I found one that works well except for one thing.. When using the \msgwidth[auto] feature from YEP_ExtendedMessagePack1 the text is displayed over the actors face and strangely the text box size changes as well despite being the same message, I have included some images to better illustrate what I'm talking about.
I want to use the auto feature to set the message box size to account for custom names and other things that can be changed, so setting the individual size of each message box has become quite tedious.

here is a link to CAE_FaceOnRight. I have also tried DreamX_FacePosition but I ran into similar issues along with some others.
If anyone knows how to get these two plugin features to work nicely or can come up with some sort of quick patch I would be very grateful! It seems like there should be a way to add a check in the yanfly plugin if FaceOnRight is on, and than add so much to the message window (I'm assuming 144px, for the size of the face image?..)

Attachments

• FaceRight.png
    FaceRight.png
    366.1 KB · Views: 4
  • FaceLeft.png
    FaceLeft.png
    367.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Sequence.png
    Sequence.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 4

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, I see. Yanfly's plugin assumes the X position for the start of each line (newLineX) equals the horizontal space occupied by the message face. But when the face is on the right, the text lines start at X = 0.

I've updated Cae_FaceOnRight to v1.6 with a fix, same link as before. I did a quick test and it seems OK for me but let me know if you have problems with it! :kaohi:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrlimbs