Compatibility Patch for Galv's Movement Plugins + Rexal's Visual Equipment

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by DaniAngione, Sep 8, 2016.

1. DaniAngione

DaniAngione Villager Member

First Language:
    PT-BR
    Greetings, fellow game makers, plugin makers, scripters, lurkers or whatever :p

It is with sadness and frustration that I come here, after trying to tinker with the plugins myself and miserably failing dozens of times, to deliver my plea before the gods-- I mean, the scripters.

There is not much explaining as I'm not looking for an entirely new system or script, but a compatibility patch.

So, first of all, let me present the relevant plugins:

Rexal's Visual Equipment

This plugin allows you to change the visuals of your characters by adding layers of graphics for each equipped item (like a graphic for my breastplate, one for my hat, etc...)

It also allows you to determine "base" graphics for actors, which allows you to create characters from scratch entirely from parts.

Although I haven't seen many visual equipment plugins for MV yet, Rexal's one has a couple of features that are very important for my project:

• The ability to insert "prefixes" on files so the same armor can look differently on different characters with different prefixes. This is important for my game as I have characters with different bodies/species and each of them need their unique graphics for the same equipment.
    • It works on portraits and sideview battlers.
    • You can tinker with the hue/color of the parts.

Galv's Character Frames

Galv's Character Animations

Galv's Diagonal Movement

These are the three plugins that, combined, I call "Galv's Movement". The Mix-Demo contained in the links above include all three working together - being made by Galv, they're all meant to work well together and shouldn't be a problem.

• Character frames allows you to use more than 3 frames per animation set in character sheets.
    • Character Animations - very important for me - allows you to have 4 sets of animations for each character (the upper 4 sets on a sheet): Idle, Walking, Dashing and Jumping.
    • Diagonal Movement allows your characters to move diagonally and also adds animations for that, on the lower 4 sets of a character sheet.

The problem is when you try to combine Visual Equipment with Galv's scripts.

It goes completely nuts, and the characters won't even appear.

So, to give a little nudge, let me tell about all my tinkering and experimenting.

1. I did several tests on load order and even tried to edit the scripts. Nothing worked properly, I did find a couple of things that might be helpful, though:
    2. It kind of works when you remove Character Frames. Visual Equipment doesn't recognize the other animations and diagonal movement, though.
    3. Which means that it can also work fine with character frames after a bit of editing and without Animations and Diagonal Movement. So the problem really is in the combination.
    4. After a lot of messing up, I made it work and Visual Equipment did recognize the animations: Idle, Walking, Dashing... It still didn't work with Diagonal Movement and frames, though - and when I tried to fix that, I broke the animations again.
    5. I tried changing the "Character Frames" script for another script with the same function, just for testing (I used Modern Algebra's Extra Movement Frames) and it almost worked fine (although VE still didn't recognize diagonals)... however Galv's Animations also don't recognize MA's frames, so the animations came back to 3 frames each. So scrap that from the list, it's easier to make it work with all Galv's stuff.

Well, that's my problem.

So, here's a list of achievements to complement this plea to the gods scripters!

Master Scripter (Bronze)

• Create a compatibility patch that makes Visual Equipment work with those 3 Galv's Scripts, allowing characters to walk diagonally, have more than 3 frames and different animations for Idle, Walking, Dashing... while sporting visual equipment.

Grandmaster Scripter (Silver)

• Create a compatibility patch that makes Visual Equipment work with those 3 Galv's Scripts, allowing characters to walk diagonally, have more than 3 frames and different animations for Idle, Walking, Dashing... while sporting visual equipment.
    • There seems to be a couple of bugs inherent to Visual Equipment: it seems it breaks "balloon effects" and portraits/faces doesn't fade out, they just disappear and out of timing (the message window is already gone when they do). If possible, could these be fixed on the patch?

Godlike Scripter (Gold)

• There seems to be a couple of bugs inherent to Visual Equipment: it seems it breaks "balloon effects" and portraits/faces doesn't fade out, they just disappear and out of timing (the message window is already gone when they do). If possible, could these be fixed on the patch?
    • The ultimate challenge: by Default, Galv's Character Animations uses the 4th animation set on a character sheet for JUMP animations. Would it be possible to change it so the 4th animation set becomes a STEALTH MODE animation from Yanfly's Event Chase Stealth plugin?

I know this is asking a lot. I'm here for Bronze, though, so I'll already love you forever if you can manage that - I just thought about adding these tiers as a fun/visual candy addition to the post... It can be motivational, I love hunting achievements :D

Now, a more interesting part...

Rewards

To be honest, I can't really offer much as this project is mostly personal - at least for now. I don't know yet if I'll have the time and resources to go through the whole idea/vision - and if it will be fun or interesting enough to be sold. So, on a base level, I can offer:

• My eternal love and gratitude
    • Many thanks and due credit in the game if it's ever finished (commercial or not)
    • A copy of the game if it ever becomes commercial

If you are able and willing, then maybe, maaaaaaybe, we can talk something else :)  It's only fair, in the end, to pay for services received. But we'll have to see if I get paid on time this month  :p

Final Considerations

Just a couple of final considerations:

• The "patch", if written, should be released here and not privately to me. All the plugins mentioned are free for commercial and non-commercial use so I think it's only fair that if we improve upon them, we keep it like this. I've seen people with similar requests and I'm sure it might be useful for some of them, eventually :)  
    • Like I said, it is (for now) not a commercial project so I have no deadlines or time limitations. :)  

Thank you very much for the attention!

=)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  2. DaniAngione

DaniAngione Villager Member

First Language:
    PT-BR
    No one? :(

Anyone?

If it's too much trouble, at least take a look and give me a couple of directions on how I could adapt these myself? :p

3. Michael Caiola

Michael Caiola The Stone Bull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Bump.