Kubewix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey how's it going.
I'm new to actually using this website but I've come across it millions of times and it's proved to be awesome when troubleshooting or looking for some scripts.

-THE PROBLEM-
I'm using Falcao's ABS liquid v3 and I'm using it's HUD that allows me to view a semi customization Health bar.
The problem is, whenever I my actor gets damaged, only the HUD's Bar is effected, shortening the image depending on amount of damage. BUT. Whenever I go to the menu/inventory, my actor's health bar is visibly full however the numbers beside the actual bar, For example: 65/100 is functioning just fine. It recently started doing this so I'm curious if anyone else has overcome or has experienced the same problem.
---------------------------------
Sorry if I'm utilizing the forums wrong, I'll learn more over time haha.
Thanks

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Script Support[/move]
Please give links to both scripts, no one can help you without checking them

Have you tried changing the order of the scripts? sometimes that helps

[mod]And please, next time give a title that tells us about your problem[/mod]
Everyone here needs help, so that is a useless title, I changed it

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Falcao's own HUD for his ABS works without any issues like this (his XP bar is showing incorrect fill amount, but the other bars work fine).

Where is that HP bar with the wrong fill rate appearing? In the main menu or in some of Falcao's menus (quick tool selection and/or character selection menus)?
If it is in your main menu, the problem is not with Falcao's HUD, if it is in Falcao's custom menus, than it is indeed a problem with Falcao's HP bars.

I never noticed this issue, but I don't really use the menus Falcao made, nor do I use the default menus (or any other public menus for that matter), so I didn't even have the chance to encounter this bug. I just checked in Falcao's demo, and everything works there, no such issue with the HP bars anywhere.

Kubewix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Falcao's own HUD for his ABS works without any issues like this (his XP bar is showing incorrect fill amount, but the other bars work fine).

Where is that HP bar with the wrong fill rate appearing? In the main menu or in some of Falcao's menus (quick tool selection and/or character selection menus)?
If it is in your main menu, the problem is not with Falcao's HUD, if it is in Falcao's custom menus, than it is indeed a problem with Falcao's HP bars.

I never noticed this issue, but I don't really use the menus Falcao made, nor do I use the default menus (or any other public menus for that matter), so I didn't even have the chance to encounter this bug. I just checked in Falcao's demo, and everything works there, no such issue with the HP bars anywhere.

Hey there, The health bar with the wrong fill rating is in the menu (ingame) and in the status tab of the menu. so when applying for example a healthkit, it will display the health bar as full regardless of damage.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Than that is not caused by any of Falcao's scripts, since his HP bar drawing methods are not used in those menus at all.
The problem is in your menu scripts, which, I guess, are custom ones.

Kubewix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Than that is not caused by any of Falcao's scripts, since his HP bar drawing methods are not used in those menus at all.
The problem is in your menu scripts, which, I guess, are custom ones.
No I'm just using the default menu, I loaded another project and copied and paste the menu stuff from the new project onto my main project just to make sure everything is okay. The problem still stands.
[EDIT]
I managed to fix the problem. was a very simple fix! the window.png 's color of "empty" for the health bar was made the same color as the health bar itself. thanks so much for putting up with my question however. you're great

Last edited:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The default menu surely got no such issues. By default, I mean the engine's default without any modifications from custom scripts.

Can you link the scripts you are talking about? I still can't trigger this visual error, no matter what I do.
The screenshot you showed shows a modified display, that's for sure. Can you post a full screenshot of the menu in your game?

Kubewix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The default menu surely got no such issues. By default, I mean the engine's default without any modifications from custom scripts.

Can you link the scripts you are talking about? I still can't trigger this visual error, no matter what I do.
The screenshot you showed shows a modified display, that's for sure. Can you post a full screenshot of the menu in your game?

I managed to fix the problem. was a very simple fix! the window.png 's color of "empty" for the health bar was made the same color as the health bar itself. thanks so much for putting up with my question however. you're great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen