chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I'm having trouble with changing menu backgrounds and arrows to custom images.

When I use SRD's menubackgrounds plug-in, VE ArrowCursor plug-in seems to work fine, but the background image often doesn't show initially. (which is obviously a well-known issue when using SRD's plug-in and I'm not for preloaders. They seem to cause more problems than solve them.)

And as I'm now using Rito's menubackground plug-in, VE ArrowCursor plug-in doesn't seem to work.
The cursor image doesn't show on the save screen.

I just need a plug-in that can change menu backgrounds, only the title screen, main menu, item, and save screen, and that can change the cursor images for different selection windows.
I want the cursor images to be different for different menu screens.
Are there compatible plug-ins I could use?
Or is there something I could do with events?

VE ArrowCursor https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ve-arrow-cursor.60346/
SRD menubackground http://sumrndm.site/menu-backgrounds/
Rito https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ritos-menu-background.71566/

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is altermenuscreen3 that can change menu backgrounds,
but mostly get also black background unless you modified it a tiny bit.

as for VE arrows, MOG Hunter has one as well, and glav too.
Cant say which one is better or most compitable with other plugins.

it really depends on the menu, if its modified.

while menu background should removed the arrows while its on the window itself,
and not as background.

MrTrival also has a menu background (becomes black if transparant is in play)

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for a plugin that can change the cursor image for each menu.
I'm aware of Mog's and Galv's cursor plug-ins, but I recall that they both change the cursor to a single image.
And I can't find MrTrival's plug-in and altermenuscreen3...
I hope you have a URL for them.
Thanks again for the reply!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VE_Cursor seems to add different cursors to each scene, I dont know if it will be drawed
above the window or below, bu can't find the AltMeneScreen3 though, but I also modified
it very slightly, if no background is taken or has transparant background, it will snap up
the rest, so it doesn't become black =)

but if it will solve the issue, I dont know.
MrTrival can be found here [MrTrivel_SceneBackgrounds] works for each scene and
custome scenes, but should be edited inside the plugin itself (doesn't have
transparant capability) but it works nicely if you use full resolution in the way you
see fit.

can't promise it will work, but probably doable to add a fix to it.
(dont credit me for the AltMenuScreen3, anyone is able to make the edit :)

Attachments

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really appreciate your help. I've tried all your recommendations and it was worth a try. :)
Sad to say the AltMenuScreen3 and MrTivel's plug-in didn't work differently from the plug-ins I had been using, but I can say I now have a slight hope of figuring out the solution for my problem.
I managed to make the cursor appear on the save screen by changing the opacity of the cursor, which I still don't know why I should adjust since I didn't on the other cursors and they're showing just fine.
I discovered it while going through the plug-ins you gave me and I would like to thank you once more.
You're a life saver!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
Yes! I finally did something! This is a picture I drew of what I wish I looked like; I hope that you guys like it!
Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DawnStar