dullman

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello i search for time system which includes weather effects in it, I mean if someone would be able to migrate old rpg maker xp script to mv engine i would be happy :). By old script I mean  time system CCTS with advanced weather system(both made by the same person zer0?), which is probably the best time and weather system created for any rpg maker engine.

Also truthfully i read that orange has also plugin for weather system, but as they aren't any good weather effects here I do not want it since it just looks ugly, as for other weather system i checked moghunter which only rain and wind effects are acceptable and one other (I forgot author but has 30 effect - all non realistic).

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I remember the CCTS, a good script. As for Moghunter's script, all the images used for the effects are placeholders and not to be used anyway(as per terms of use). You can add your own images if you want different weather effects. You can then pair this with Orange Time system and a common event to give random weather depending on the season, region ID, and/or map. It is possible to recreate the CCTS with these plugins, but it will require more effort and there is no graphic utility.

Also it will help others if you link to an example of the CCTS.

Hope this helps some.

dullman

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I remember the CCTS, a good script. As for Moghunter's script, all the images used for the effects are placeholders and not to be used anyway(as per terms of use). You can add your own images if you want different weather effects. You can then pair this with Orange Time system and a common event to give random weather depending on the season, region ID, and/or map. It is possible to recreate the CCTS with these plugins, but it will require more effort and there is no graphic utility.

Also it will help others if you link to an example of the CCTS.

Hope this helps some.

Here link to ccts http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=6346.0

As for moghunter scripts is that i do not understand what is written in term of use since all comments are in portugese/spanish or other similar language, so i'm rather reluctant with usage of his script.

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Moghunter's terms of use are free for commercial, on the Atelier Rgss website the terms are in English and in Portuguese. The only restriction is that the graphics included are for example use only and not to be used in a project due to copyright law: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/about/

If you go into the img/weather folder of a project with the weather system, you will see the images that need to be replaced to get the effects you want. The nice thing about Moghunter's over many other weather systems is that you can make as many weather types as you have images. The plugin basically takes an image and instances it many times with an effect. As there are 20 effects to apply to any image it is much more powerful than CCTS was without some extra programing.

I would try to use it unless you have very specific needs as it is already made and is rather compatible with things. I have not tested it with Orange Time system, but if there is a problem there is always Moghunter's and there is the possibility of making a time system using events or asking for a more specific list of features in a time/weather system if you need something else for your project.

Hope this helps.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't think the CCTS works in RMMV, though. I see that OP listed that he primarily uses VXace, but this was posted in the JavaScript RMMV boards.

I've been meaning to work on an RMMV variant of a weather/time control plugin (if it doesn't already exist?), so let me know if this is solved. If not, I'll look into moving this up my list of things to do.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After years of relying on others and the community to help with making my games, I've decided to delve into the world of scripting. Thought I'd share a few simple scripts that I made that I'm very proud of and excited about!

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffstsa